Chapter 63

Louis carried both his and Harry's bags onto the plane and tucked them into the overhead compartment while Harry situated himself in his seat. He plopped down next to Harry after he had gotten the latch closed and rested a hand on Harry's thigh, sensing the nerves coming off of him.

"You excited, baby?" Louis asked, giving Harry's knee a quick squeeze.

"Huh?" Harry asked, turning to look at Louis. "Oh, yeah, I'm excited." Louis frowned and stroked a hand over Harry's pale cheek.

"You okay?" Harry nodded and tucked his face into Louis's chest.

"Yeah, just a little nervous."

"Don't be. I've ridden on many planes and I have yet to be in a plane crash." Harry gave him a weak smile.

"It's not just that. I'm nervous about seeing Lottie and Stevie, and about leaving the country for the first time, and about staying in a hotel room all alone with my boyfriend for a whole weekend."

"And why exactly are you nervous about staying in a hotel room with your boyfriend?" Louis asked, pulling Harry up from his chest to look him in the eyes. Harry batted his eyelashes at him.

"Because I don't know if I'll be able to control myself in those close quarters. It's easier at home when we can have full rooms separating us, but in France, we'll practically be on top of each other." Louis rolled his eyes.

"We're already on top of each other all the time. Look at you, you're literally hanging off of me right now."

"It's not the same. I do that by choice. I won't have a choice in a hotel room." Louis chuckled and ran his hands through Harry's hair.

"I promise, if I sense you're getting tired of me, I'll leave the room and wander around the hotel or something."

"What if I don't want you to leave me? What if I want you to stay by my side for the whole trip?" Harry pecked Louis's cheek, but when the older man went to reply, he was interrupted by the captain announcing their takeoff over the speaker.

"Come on, baby, put on your seatbelt." Louis tugged on the belt and Harry strapped himself in, then moved his hands to grip at his armrests.

"Lou," Harry said, his voice wavering.

"Hmm?" Louis hummed as he strapped himself in.

"I really need you to hold my hand right now." Louis looked over and Harry's face was stark white, struck with fear. He immediately gripped Harry's hand and brought it up to his mouth to kiss, using his other hand to massage Harry's knee.

"Shh, you're okay, baby. Don't worry, it's all okay." Louis stroked a finger over Harry's cheek. "It's only going to be a few moments of scary stuff and then it'll all be calm, okay?" Harry nodded and gripped Louis's hand as the plane began its ascent into the sky.

"Lou, do something to distract me."
"Oh, um...did Niall tell you that he and Zayn are going on a fishing trip this summer?" Harry whipped his head around to stare at Louis, mouth open in shock.

"What?"

"Yeah, Zayn texted me and said that they're planning a trip to some watering hole up north. They're spending a couple of days up there, fishing, camping, all of that crazy backwoods shit."

"Seriously? Niall? My Niall? Camping?"

"Yes, your Niall is going camping."

"With Zayn? What is this, some kind of prank that they're pulling on us? I can't imagine Niall going out in the woods for a few minutes, much less sleeping in them. What is he, insane?" Louis laughed.