Cooking

Emma's POV:

Today is going to be really exciting! Jacob is going to teach me how to bake one of the recipes his parents taught him.
If I'm being honest, the only thing I got to cook so far is just teapots...with my hands...

"Woah-" I fell down on my bottom and looked up to see who I ran into.

"Oh, sorry Emma." He said.

Jacob.

"Oh, no worries. It was my own fault, I wasn't paying attention." I say.

"Really? Well that ought be the first." He jokes.

I nudge him in the side and he falls over dramatically.

"Oh Emma, why thou have betrayed me!"

I laugh. He can be an idiot sometimes, but not in a bad way.

"Actually it's 'what thoust have betrayed me' " An invisible voice says.

"Okay, Millard." Jacob replys. "Anyways I'm heading to the kitchen and Emma," I glance his way. "Come with me."

I follow him into the kitchen and he sorts out the different materials he needs.

"Okay, see this?" He holds up a metal silver outline of an object that appears to be a heart. "This is a cookie cutter. It basically helps cut the cookie dough into what-"

"Jacob, I know what a cookie cutter is." I say with a smirk.

"O-oh sorry." He says with a blush.

I love it when he blushes.

"Umm is there anything here you don't know?" He asks.

"Nope, I just need to know the recipe and I may need help using the oven," I raise my hands with a flame. "If we even need one."

"Oh, well that makes this a bit easier!" He says.

I giggle and we get to work.

In the end, yes we had to use the oven because after a few burnt cookies, we learned it must be easier using it.