Thunderstorms

I'm short on ideas so please leave some requests down below if you can think of any and I will reply back when finished. Thanks!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CRACK!

I shoot up from me and Almas bed to look out the window. My heart raced at the bolt that woke me up, at first thinking that one of the children or Alma was in trouble.

I rub my face, getting rid of any sleepiness, and head down stairs. It wasn't that late but was very early. I checked the clock.

4:51 AM.

Alma won't be up for about an hour and the children won't be up for a little while. I sit down at the table and let out a small yawn while I stare down at my coffee.

My eyes head towards the window again as I hear the hard rain pouring down and the deep rumbles in the clouds. Just when I thought it might be slowing down, another shot of lightning pierces any calmness left in the sky.

I sigh and sit at the table, taking a few sips of my drink here and there.

Hopefully I'm able to stay awake.

I look down at my coffee and the steam flowing off of it.

Yeah, I'll be able to.

~~~~~~~Almas POV

I wake up and find y/n not in bed and am surprised she's up early. At least I hope that's why she's not here.

I get up and quickly make my hair and change where I then make my way down the steps to the kitchen. I have precisely 2 hours, 3 minutes and 42 seconds before they wake.

I walk into the kitchen and jump a little when I see y/n sitting at the table except she didn't move when I walked into the room. I tried to calm my nerves as I walk over to her and give her a gentle push on her shoulder.

"Love? Are you okay?" I say gently. Confused on why she didn't respond, I brushed away some of her hair to find her fast asleep. I smile as I picture her walking downstairs to shortly fall asleep at the table. "Y/n? I need you to wake up. It probably isn't comfortable sleeping on the table." I chuckle. She stirs a bit from my touch and eventually her eyes slowly opened. "Good morning dove." I say as she sits up in the chair and stretches.

"Goodmorning." She responds, sleepiness still drifting in her voice.

"Let's get you up to bed." I say gently but when she stands, she leans into me for a hug and stays there. After a moment of silence I smile and lean my head on top of hers. "Or are you comfortable here?" I can hear the smile in her voice.

"Yes. I am." She nuzzled into my chest as I pull my arms around her tighter. After a few minutes I checked the time and noticed I would have to start breakfast soon.

"Dear, I have to get breakfast ready soon." I can't help but smile at her stubbornness to move.

"I don't want to leave, bluebird." She says gently and I tilt her chin up with my finger as I smile. I lean down and give her a kiss before leaving.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope my stories aren't sounding too repetitive. I try to think of new ideas! <3