Dinner fiasco

TW: Choking, cursing
Y/n and Alma were having dinner when an unpleasant surprise happens.
~~~~~~~~~~

Y/n was sitting with the children beside Alma at the dinner table. Miss P made chicken tonight and she did warn the children to watch for bones in it.

"This time I didn't pick through it so be careful and do not eat with your mouth open." She said as she glared at Hugh.

"Sorry, Miss P." He mumbles as he continues eating.

As for me, I was a bit distracted and wasn't paying attention much to where I was eating. I crunch down on something hard, but since I thought it was a hard piece of chicken I swallowed it. Something seemed stuck though.

I tried swallowing it down but it wouldn't go. I couldn't breath all that well and I started to panic.

"Dear? Are you alright?" Alma looks at me concerned as she grabs my hand. The children were now looking at me.

I couldn't talk though. I could feel my face turning red.
I started coughing, which shortly lead to me gagging at the same time.

I stood up from the chair and moved my hands to my neck by instinct. Alma quickly stood as well.

I ignored Alma as I quickly ran to the trash can to try to throw up whatever I was choking on.

When I kneeled down above it, I made myself throw up making the small bone move out. When I was finished I took in a sharp breath, thankful I could breathe again. After a few painful gasps, I stood and rinsed my face of in the sink.

When I looked over, everyone was staring at me in shock.

"That's what happens when you don't pay attention." I try to joke, but my voice didn't help since it sounded hoarse and swollen.

"Miss y/l/n, are you okay?" Olive asks who seemed startled at what happened.

"Of course." I smile despite my throat hurting.

Alma still stood from her seat, her eyes looking into mine with concern.

"I'm okay, I promise." I says and she nods, more so to herself and takes her seat again.
~~~~~~~~

This was such a  random request from my irl friend lmao