Freezing

Y/n comes down with a fever and Miss Peregrine comforts her
~~~~~~~~~~

"Y/n, wake up." I hear someone say while they gently shook my shoulder. My eyes took forever to open and my body felt so numb. I turn over on my side to face her, my eyes closed again as I burrow into the covers more.

"Hmm?" I mumble on the verge of falling asleep again, only to be woken up by Almas fingers brushing against my hair as she pushed loose strands away.

"Love, stay awake for a second." She says as she gets up and shortly returns with a wet rag. She gently places it on my forehead and sits on the side of the bed as she does so.

"I want to sleep." I mumble and cover up only to have her pull the covers off. I took in a sharp breath as she did. It was so cold in here. I yank the covers back up. "It's too cold."

She only takes the covers back off and rubs my back as I lay on my side facing away from her.

"Love, your running a fever. It would help to try to cool off first." She says gently as I start shivering slightly from the coldness that surrounded me.

"I-I want the blanket back please." I say stuttering from shivering.

Alma sighs and lays down again with me. She scoots in close and wraps me up in her arms that were warm to the touch. My teeth wouldn't stop chattering though. I nuzzle into her chest trying to find some warmth.

"Your burning up." She whispers when I put my head into her chest and I wrap my arms around my body trying to add more warmth. She rubs her hands up and down my arm gently as she gives me a peck on my forehead.

"Don't, I'll make you sick." I say with a shaky breath but she simply does it again.

"I don't mind as long as you're better." She says simply and wraps me into her arms again. My shaking wouldn't stop and she spooned me closer to her.

"It won't last for long." She says knowing I was freezing. "You'll feel much better soon."

I nod and move deeper in against her and she gives me one last kiss before I dozed off.

The next morning I woke up to the sun beams coming in through our window. I must have slept in.

I stand, about to get out of bed when suddenly I feel down to the floor. My head was hurting as I rubbed my hand against my forehead. I was so dizzy and the room was spinning.

I then heard the shoes of Alma coming up and knew that I was going to be in deep trouble for being out of bed. I try to get up but after multiple times of not being able to, I just layed with my face down in the floor. I hear the door open and her shoes start tapping faster as I heard her walk over to me quickly.

"Why did you get out of bed? You're in no condition to do so!" She says concerned as she helps me up and sits me up at the side of the bed. She was about to lay me down when I learned my head against her on the edge of the bed.

"I'm sorry." I say, but my voice sounded muffled from the fever.

"It's alright, just please stay in bed for birds sake." She says gently as she lays me down. She checks my forehead and her expression faltered for a minute, but it didn't last for long. "I'll get you another rag." With that she left to get another.

I sighed and rubbed my hand against my face.

She shortly came back with another cold rag and layed it on my forehead. She then to my demise, took the covers off of me and told me to leave them off.

"I will be back then with something for you to eat, okay?" She says and waits for an answer but I was halfway on the verge to being asleep. "Y/n?"

I snap awake and she stares for a minute worried until she walked out of the bedroom to get something.

~~~~~~~~~~