You left me

Y/n has been living in the loop for a while with her wife, Alma. News comes by that her mother has passed.
~~~~~~~~~

"Hey Alma?" I ask as she works on her hair. "Would it be alright if I visited my home again? I thought I would stop by to check in on my mother." When she was done with her hair, she steps away from the mirror and gives me a smile.

"As long as you stay safe, I see nothing wrong with it dear." She says as she gives me a small peck on the forehead. "When will you be leaving?"

"It's sort of urgent. " I say which casts a confused glare from Alma over to me. "Mainly just news that came up and I need to see if she's alright." Alma walks over and places her hands on my shoulders.

"So you need to leave now?" She asks and I nod. "Alright, but you need to promise me that you will be safe." She says firmly in which I nod again.

"I promise."
------------

It's strange being back with the normals after a while.

I make my way to my old home and knock lightly on the white, wooden door 3 times. When no one answers I walk inside.

"Mom, I'm home!" I say with a big smile as I expect to see her in the living room waiting for my arrival. She wasn't there. "Mom?" I run upstairs and search the rooms but don't find her. Instead I find my brother in her room. Him and I aren't that close, but seeing him there made me feel a tad bit better.

"Alex?" I say and his attention goes from his gaze on the floor to me. He seemed angry and upset. "Alex, what's up?" I say with a small smile hoping for some reaction from him.

"Don't you know yet?" He says confused and bitter.

I stare at him confused.
"Know what? And where's mom?"

He sighs as he stands and walks over to me.

"That's right, you're never here anymore so how would you know." He mumbles and I guess he didn't think I would hear.

"Excuse me?" I say, anger rising.

"You heard me. If you were hear maybe you would've known what happened to mom!" He yells and I flinch for second as he continues walking over to me. "Y/n."

I look up at him.

"Mom is dead."

No. I look at him confused and worried and unbelievabing, not wanting to believe that actually happened.

"No, your just saying that." I say, my eyes narrowing. Alex has made dark pranks before and I only hoped this was one of them. "Where's dad?" I ask and he rolls his eyes.

"See how long you never bothered to visit?" He says furious. "Dad left mom last year and recently she just got so upset that she killed herself! "

"No! No, this isn't happening. " I mess with a strand of hair as I walk around the house yelling for mom or dad or someone.

"This is just one of your cruel pranks! This isn't true!" I cry out as he remains on the top of the steps, tears of his own coming out.

"Mom left us y/n!" He cried out and I run out the door, muttering to myself. I hear the door slam shut which was my cue to leave. The walk to the loop didn't seem long enough as I tried to calm myself.

I got a pang of dizzyness which made me realize I stepped through the loop when I eventually made it to the house of peculiars. I quickly wipe my tears away and take some deep breaths. I open the door with a smile (or at least I hoped it was) and see only Alma in the kitchen cleaning up while I see the children run outside to play.