Headache

I flop onto the bed after saying goodnight to the children and I roll over to face Alma. She was busy reading, the light from the lamp looming over her, causing my head ache to worsen. I lay an arm over my eyes and wait a few moments till I hear the light turn off and a hand move my arm.

"Someone's tired already." I hear her say and I could picture the smirk on her face.

"Not tired." I say gently. "Just feel like I'm in pain." I laugh a little and I open my eyes to face her. She was looking at me worried and I laughed. "Hun, I'm just kidding. I have a headache. That's all." Her worried gaze loosened and she brushes a small strand of hair away from my face.

"Do you want anything for it?" She asks and I nod. She gets up and shortly comes back with a bottle of medicine. She turns the lamp back on to read the label and takes out a pill and gives me a glass of water. Once I was done she set the glass over on the nightstand and shut the lamp off, laying down with me. Her hand plays with my hair and I smile.

"And you complain about me messing with your hair." I say and she narrows her eyes at me with a smirk.

"If I let you, you better not be up to anything." She says and before she could change her mind, I sit up and sit on her stomach with my legs wrapped around hers and I brush the hair away from her eyes. I lean down and plant a kiss that ends up lingering longer than I thought. Once I let go I lay back down on my side and she stares at me in mock disproval. "How dare you stop what you started." She says with a smirk as she narrows her eyes at me. She gets up sitting on me the same way and puts her lips on mine like I did before, except this one lasted even longer. Not that I'm not complaining. Eventually she stops and kisses my forehead before laying down.

"That's not fair." I say with a fake pout and she laughs.

"Who says I'm done yet?" She says and my face burns red as I look over at her surprised. "I'm kidding, love. You have a headache so try sleeping it off soon, alright?"

"What if it happened to go away?" I say with a sly smile and she rolls her eyes as she smiles.

"Go to sleep." She says and I sigh moving into her arms and taking in the vanilla smell.

"I love you." I say.

"I love you more."

~~~~~~~~~

90 chapters!!!