I can't sleep

Y/n was downstairs sitting in the living room listening to Enoch and Miss Peregrine.

You can obviously tell what happened.

Enoch did something and now is being scolded.

"I told you to not be going to the pub with Emma!" Miss P says. "Last time you went there you burnt it all down. Your lucky we were able to have the police leave."

"It was Millard's idea!" Enoch argues. "I swear I wasn't trying to drag trouble in."

"Then who raised the dead and destroyed the pub?"

"Oh bloody hell."

"Language, Enoch."

"Are you two done arguing yet?" I ask from my seat on the couch. I'm getting tired of hearing them yell every minute.

"I think that will about do it." Enoch mouths a quick thank you to me when Miss P turns around to face me. "Enoch, stay away from trouble and we won't have to discuss it again."

"Yes, Miss Peregrine."

Enoch walks off leaving Miss Peregrine and I.

She then walks over to the couch and takes a seat beside me.

"Oh sometimes I cannot stand him." She sighs with a small laugh. "Still love him though."

I smile and place my gaze on the side of the couch. My head was leaning on the side and I must have looked tired because Miss P looked over at me for a moment.

"How did you sleep last night?" She asks out of the blue.

This surprised me for a second. I thought she knew but it turns out she was only wondering.

"It was good." I say and looked up to her skeptical gaze. "How was yours?"

"It was good as well." Her gaze didn't leave mine though and it was making me feel uncomfortable.

I shifted a bit and laid my head back.

"If your tired I can excuse the chores for today." She says in a gentle tone.

"No, no, that's okay." I say and start to get up when she gently stands up with me.

"Are you sure?" She looks into my eyes and must notice how tired I was from my terrible bags. "Hmm, you should head up to bed."

"No, trust me. I'm fine." I say but she was already taking me upstairs. "Miss P, really."

She ignores my complaints and heads into my room. There was 2 beds though since I shared a room with Emma.

She seems to be thinking before she turns to look at me.

"You're staying in my room tonight." She gently grabs my hand and pulls me into the direction.

"Wait, why? Don't you need somewhere to sleep?" I ask and she looks over at me with a confused smile.

"Y/n dear, it's only morning. I'm not heading to bed right now." I start to go red from embarrassment but she lifts my chin up and looks at me with a smile. "But even if so I wouldn't mine. My children come first."

I smile and follow her into her room.

"Get comfortable because you are not leaving until you get some sleep." She says in a gentle but firm tone.

I nod and lay down but my eyes are wide open even though I want to sleep.

Miss Peregrine said she would stay till I fell asleep but she must have thought it wouldn't take long.

"Sorry." I say breaking the silence. "I can't sleep."

I start to get out of the bed, but she gently pushes me back down.

"It doesn't matter how long it takes for you to. Still try. I may not be able to stay but I want you to so you have more energy and feel better." She says and I lay back down and try to close my eyes and sleep.

It felt like forever till I finally did and I couldn't remember how I fell asleep.

The last thing I remembered was Miss Peregrine planting a small kiss on my forehead before leaving.

Sorry for such a short chapter, I have been sort of busy with counseling stuff and such. Have a wonderful week, lovelies! <3