Newly Found Powers

Y/n has been struggling with her powers lately and Miss Peregrine decides to help her.
Request from because-whynot
~~~~~~~~~~

Why can't I do this right?!

I try to concentrate on my mind but who knew this was so difficult! My mind just wanted to wander to the most random things.

You see, my peculiar talent is somewhat difficult. When I'm stressed or have anxiety, I need to be sure that I don't set things on fire. It seems to happen a lot though.

At the moment, I'm stressed. I have a lot of work to do and I'm trying to chill.

Well, then comes to the part where I am completely awful at this. I was sitting in my room trying to calm down, when I accidently set something on fire. The small corner of my blanket lit up and I quickly ran downstairs to get water.

Miss Peregrine of course was at the sink doing the dishes when I ran down panicking.

"Miss y/l/n, what are you doing?" She asks and I didn't respond.

I grabbed a cup, filled it with water (warning a confused look from Miss P), and ran upstairs and put the fire out.

I flopped onto my bed and groaned from frustration. Suddenly I heard the tapping of Miss Peregrines shoes as she walked in my room and sat beside me where I was face planted in.

"Did it happen again?" She says sympathetically.

I sigh in response and she takes that as a yeah.

"You do know that depending on your skills, it does take a while to figure it out right?" She says gently and I nod. "What if I were to help you get control over this?"

I lift my head up and look up at her.

"Really?" I say surprised. "Don't you have other things to do?"

"Well, yes but none is more important than getting you comfortable with your peculiarity." She says with a smile.

I smile back.

I'll finally get this under control.
~~~~~~~~~