Special Chapter: Prank

Wifey ❤️: You can pick me up now.

Me: Alright. Wait for me.

I hoped in my car immediately after sending my reply. Ava told me yesterday na magpapasundo siya this morning kaya sakto lang din na kalalabas ko lang ng bahay ng mag-text siya.

Since she had a girls night out last night and I was left alone in our home, nanood lang ako ng kung anu-ano sa Netflix and I also watched some random videos in YT that's why I came up with an idea of pranking my wife.

First time ko lang itong gagawin and the prank is ignoring for 24 hours so please pray for me.

I started setting up the GoPro at my dashboard and I put random things to hide it but I'm sure Ava won't notice the camera 'cause I never did this before even though we're already married for half a year now.

After setting up everything, nag-drive na ako papunta sa private resort kung saan sila nag-stay for the whole night. Pinapasama nga ako ni Miss Iryn but I refused because I want Ava to enjoy the night with her friends like what she used to do when we're not yet together.

Hindi naman masyadong malayo ang resort and hindi rin traffic kaya mabilis akong nakarating. I'm excited but also nervous at the same time while driving inside the private resort. Nag-text rin si Ava na she's waiting for me at the parking lot and I instantly saw her standing there.

Oh ghad. This is it.

I took a deep breath before parking the car and my heart automatically skipped a beat when I saw her smiling before opening the door.

Oh please help me. I don't know if I can ignore this gorgeous woman and she's in a good mood pa.

"Hi, baby! Look at my nails!" She excitedly showed her hands as soon as she sat on the passenger seat.

I just quickly looked at her newly manicured nails. She got french nails and they look so good on her but still, I tried my best not to react and ignore it.

"Hey! You don't like it?" She asked when I started driving again.

Mabilis akong sumulyap sa rear view mirror and now she looks quite disappointed. Wala na rin ang ngiti niya kanina kaya bigla tuloy akong na-guilty pero kailangan kong tiisin for this prank.

Tumahimik na rin siya pero lalo lang akong kinabahan dahil alam kong hindi na maganda ang mood niya.

Binuksan ko na lang ang stereo to lessen the awkward atmosphere at medyo nakatulong naman.

"I love the resort's hot spring. I think you'll like it too." I heard her say but I just sing along with Alicia Keys' No One playing at the background.

"I don't worry 'cause everything's-" Napahinto ako agad sa pagkanta when she angrily turned off the stereo making me more nervous as ever.

"Are you ignoring me?" She asked again and louder this time.

Pasimple akong tumingin sa side mirror to avert my gaze from the rear view mirror.

Gustong-gusto ko na siyang kausapin pero kailangan kong tiisin. I think hanggang makauwi na lang kami sa bahay dahil hindi ko na rin talaga kakayanin. I feel so bad for ignoring her.

"Oh my gosh, Alcantara! I told you that you can come with me yesterday but you said you're fine and now you're ignoring me. What the hell is wrong with you?" Now she sounds frustrated pero alam kong mas nangingibabaw ang inis niya plus she's calling me Alcantara now. She's definitely mad.

Knowing her... she is short tempered and she really hates it when I'm ignoring her.

I tapped my fingers on the stirring wheel, still not saying a word. Malapit na rin naman kaming makauwi pero ramdam kong konting-konti na lang ay sasabog na siya.

"Alright. I'm done. Do whatever you want." Madiing saad niya at tuluyan ng nanahimik hanggang sa makarating kami sa bahay.

She get out of the car right away and even slammed the door and I can't help but to bit my lower lip due to nervousness. Natatawa na lang rin ako sa sarili ko for doing this prank but since I started this, I need to finish it too.

I grab the camera and followed her inside our home. Umupo muna ako sa sofa pero dire-diretso naman siyang umakyat sa taas.

You can notice that she's really mad 'cause even her footsteps are loud.

"Oh gosh I'm dead." I whispered to myself.

After a couple of minutes ay hindi na rin ako nakatiis pa kaya umakyat na rin ako sa taas dala ang camera.

I slowly opened the door of our room and saw her there, folding her clothes on the bed. May malaking luggage din sa floor and doon niya inilalagay ang mga damit kaya napahakbang na ako palapit.

"What are you doing?" I can't help but to ask.

Kung kinakabahan na ako kanina ay mas kinakabahan pa ako ngayon.

Hindi niya ako pinansin at patuloy lang sa ginagawa niya kaya inagaw ko na ang damit na ilalagay niya ulit sa luggage.

"Hey... baby. What are you doing? Why are you packing your clothes?" Tanong ko ulit.

This time she looked at me but anger is evident in her gorgeous eyes. Tinapik niya rin palayo ang kamay ko and I almost laugh because of her cuteness.

Call me weird but I really find her cute when she's mad. Namumula kasi siya kapag sobrang galit.

"Is that a camera? Why the fuck are you filming?" Inis na inis na sabi niya kaya hindi ko na talaga napigilan ang sarili ko na mapangiti.

"Oh no... cursing is bad, ma'am." Pigil ang ngiting sambit ko.

"Now you're talking to me after ignoring me for hours? What an ass." Inis pa ring saad niya at hindi pa rin maawat sa pag-aayos ng mga gamit.

"Baby, I'm sorry. It's just a prank. Are you leaving me because I ignored you for just an hour and a half?" Nagpapaawang tanong ko at mukhang naging effective naman dahil napahinto ito sa ginawa.

"A prank? Since when have you learned that? My ghad, Alcantara! You pissed me off so much that's why I wanna leave you alone here so you can think of what you're doing to me 'cause I know I didn't do anything wrong!"

I bit my lower lip to prevent myself from smiling after zooming in the camera. Nakikinig naman ako sa kanya but I just really find her so adorable.

"You still look so gorg even when mad."

"Oh ghad. Stop filming me! I hate you!" She yelled and covered the lense of my camera.

I've decided to stop the video at ibinaba ko rin muna sa tabi ang camera bago ko siya nilapitan at yakapin nang mahigpit.

"I'm sorry. It's just a prank. 'Wag ka na lumayas." Hindi ko napigilang matawa sa huli kong sinabi 'cause I'm not really expecting that she'll think about that.

"I was so excited to show you my nails earlier but you just ignored me. Who wouldn't get mad about that?"

I really love her nails but since I'm pranking her, I need to ignore it. Hindi ko naman alam na sobrang sumama pala ang loob niya dahil do'n. My goodness.

I kissed her head first bago ko siya muling binitawan para tingnan sa mga mata and now she looks like she's about to cry. My poor baby.

"Hey... I'm so sorry, baby. Don't cry."

Hinaplos ko ang pisngi niya pero salubong pa rin ang mga kilay nito habang nakatingin sa 'kin nang masama.

"Say you like my nails first."

Gusto ko sanang tumawa sa sinabi niya but I tried my best not to dahil seryoso talaga siya so I nod my head and held her right hand.

"I love it." I answered before planting a kiss at the back of her hand.