Ch 57: Is she?

Stephen's POV.

Last 2 weeks, Kyrah has been acting weird. She would go out at 8 p.m and come back home almost 4 In the morning.

She would dress all fancy and shit. Fuck she got going on? She supposed to be in bed resting, and trying to get that damn baby out her stomach.

She thinks I don't notice and I never asked her about it. I'm not saying I don't trust Kyrah but what I saying is what makes her have to dress up, put heels on, walk out this house at 8 and come back almost 4 in the morning.

It doesn't add up.

It could be something with the mafia or she's tired of me.

Stop overthinking. I can't.

I'm in my office, thinking about it. There was a knock at the door, "come in." I said, looking away from the wall. Kyrah peaked her head through the door.

"I'm leaving." She said and was about to close the door. "Bring your ass back in here." I said calmly. I hear her sigh and she fully walks in with a black dress that shows her curves and stomach.

"Where the hell you going?" I asked standing up. "Out." She said, fixing her dress and jacket in the mirror.

"Are you going out with someone?" I asked, walking around my desk and sitting on top of it.

She turns around with a glare, "it's none of your business Stephen. I'm not drinking if that's what you're thinking. Now I will be back later." She said sternly.

She was about to walk out of my office but I grab her wrist and pull her towards me. "You've been going out, everyday for the past 2 weeks and don't come back home until 4. What's up with that?" I asked, looking down at her with a raised eyebrow.

"Stephen, let go of me. I have to go." She said, trying to get out of my hold. All I do is hold her wrist tighter.

"You're hurting me." She said nonchalantly. I loosened my grip just a little bit. "You've barely talked to me for the last 2 weeks and have been going out. Where have you been Kyrah?" I asked, confused.

"Stephen I'm not gonna ask you again. Let me go, I have things to do." She said, annoyed. "Fine, once I let you go and you walk out of this room...make sure you don't talk to me. At all. You can get your stuff and take it back to your room. Deal?" I said with a raised eyebrow.

She closed her eyes. "I have to do it later but deal."

WHY IS SHE SO CALM ABOUT THIS? I WOULD'VE HAD A MENTAL BREAKDOWN.

"You being deadass?" I asked, still confused.

"Yes, I'm being deadass. Can you take my stuff out for me?" She asked with a small head tilt. "S-sure." I stuttered. "I have to go. I'll see you when I see you." And with that, she left the room.

What if you have a new enemy you don't know about and she's been going on dates with him just to get information? Shut the fuck up, I didn't do nothing to anyone.

I sit in my chair and continued doing my work until there was a small knock at the door. "Come in Elijah." I said not taking my eyes off the paper work In front of me.