Chapter Thirty-Seven - Flashbacks

TRIGGER WARNING - THIS CHAPTER WILL INCLUDE: VERBAL ABUSE, PTSD/TRAUMA-INDUCED FLASHBACK, PANIC ATTACK, LIGHT GORE

THE ENTIRETY OF THIS CHAPTER WILL BE IN THE READER'S P.O.V.

insanely heavy. dom's not the nicest in this chapter. please read at your own discretion.

enjoy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 I whined, panicking and trying to figure out what to do. One of my larger injuries had reopened and we're somehow out of both healing ointment and any sort of bandage other than gauze and small band-aids. I hesitantly peeked out of my room, finding the house silent and no one in sight downstairs. Dom's wallet was on the kitchen counter. I could just order more bandages with one of his credit cards, he won't mind. Who am I kidding, yes he will. I'm not sure why but he's mad at me right now. Fuck, I really need these bandages though. What if he gets mad at me for not asking and hurts me though? He wouldn't... would he? No. No way. Even if he's mad at me, he wouldn't hurt me, right? Right? I need these, he wouldn't hurt me because I bought bandages and healing ointment that I really needed. Fuck it.

I pulled my phone out of my hoodie pocket, quickly pulling up the Amazon app and ordering a bunch of different larger bandages, band-aids, and healing ointment and selecting same-day shipping. It's about nine in the morning, they should be here sometime in the afternoon. I can deal with that. I sighed in relief; that relief was short lived. Moments later, I heard heavy footsteps cascading down the steps. I tensed up, too scared to turn around and see who had come downstairs. My eyes blew wide in pure fear when he spoke.

"Y/N," Dom's tone was firm and cold; I hated it.

"What the fuck did you just purchase for over a hundred pounds? And from my card? Without asking?" his tone gained an edge; Dom was starting to not sound like, well, Dom.

I slowly turned around like a deer in headlights, now coming face to face with an incredibly pissed-off-looking Dom, who was glaring down at me with a newfound glint in his eye that I had never seen before now. I found myself nearly too afraid to speak, stuttering quite a bit before managing to get a few words out.

"I-I- O-One of my w-wounds reopened, and-and- we're all out of-of- ban-bandages big enough to cov-cover it-" He cut me off, his voice raised tremendously.

"AND WHY DIDN'T YOU ASK BEFORE SPENDING MY MONEY?"

"I-I re-really needed t-them and-"

"I DIDN'T ASK IF YOU NEEDED THEM, Y/N. I DON'T CARE IF YOU NEEDED THEM. I ASKED WHY THE FUCK YOU SPENT MY MONEY WITHOUT ASKING FIRST,"

That wasn't Dom anymore. It didn't look like him or sound like him. I felt smaller, more inferior, more scared than I usually would be. I looked around, suddenly finding myself in my parent's house. I looked back in front of me, being met with my father's rage-filled, screaming figure in my face.

"I-I'm sorry it-it won't happen again f-father I-"

"OH AND NOW YOU'RE GONNA COMPARE ME TO THAT SHITHEAD BECAUSE YOU CAN'T HANDLE A LITTLE YELLING?! FUCKING, RIDICULOUS, Y/N. ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS! I TAKE YOU IN AND TAKE CARE OF YOU AND SHOW YOU HOW GOOD LIFE CAN BE AND THIS IS THE BULLSHIT YOU GIVE ME IN RETURN?! HELL, I REALLY SHOULD JUST KICK YOU OUT AT THIS RATE. GAVIN WAS SO RIGHT ABOUT YOU. I SHOULD HAVE LISTENED TO HIM-" My dad just kept screaming.

I ran past him and up to my room, suddenly back in Dom's house again. In the midst of my panic, I packed a good two to three bags full of necessities. I opened my bedroom window, looking down at the nearly two story drop fearfully. I dropped my bags first, leaving my hands free. I climbed out the window, using a few jutted out bricks in the wall to climb down a good five more feet before deciding to drop. I fell, landing unsteadily. I felt a searing, sudden pain in my left ankle and immediately refrained from crying out. I ignored the pain and picked up my bags, sprinting a few blocks before sitting down and calling Jesse, praying that she wasn't mad at me like my fa- Dom, I think, was. She picked up almost instantly.