Not This Year

Jooheon refuses to leave Jane alone this year for the holidays

Jane stumbled down the hallway, using the wall to keep herself propped up. They had been so busy lately preparing to go overseas for promotions, she hadn't had a chance to pick up her new prescription yet. While she should have said something to someone or anyone, it had just slipped her mind. She was paying the price for it now.

She was dizzy and in pain, not feeling great. She was pretty sure she was seeing double too. All she wanted to do was make it to the bathroom before she pissed in her pants and then she'd send Changkyun to get her medicine. She was trying to be quiet.

The last thing she needed was to wake up Minhyuk or Kihyun and have them go on an hour long rant about how she needs to take better care of herself. Or rushing her to the hospital. She wasn't quiet enough though because she almost screamed when she looked up to see not one, but two, sleepy-eyed Jooheon's standing in front of her.

"Honey? What're you doing up?" She asked, squinting her eyes a bit. "My room is literally right here and you've banged into the wall like five times." She quietly apologized and tried to move past him but a wave of dizziness washed over her and her knees gave out. She saw black spots in her vision and closed her eyes, bracing for her fall.

It didn't come. Jooheon had grabbed her before she hit the floor, more awake now than he was a few seconds ago. "Woah, YunJae-ah, what's wrong?" She carried to his bedroom and laid her on his bed. She groaned and covered her eyes from the light. "Can you turn the light off please?"

He did as she asked, brows furrowing. "Are you okay?" She shook her head but immediately regretted it. "Where's your meds? I'll go get them."

"Don't' have any left."

"What?!" Jooheon shrieked and Jane groaned not just from the pain in her head, but probably because now Kihyun and Minhyuk were going to be rushing in the room any second.

"Why didn't you say anything?! How long have gone without them!?" She shrugged. "I don't know. A few days? We didn't have time to pick them up and I just kept forgetting." He clicked his tongue, sighing and laying down next to her.

He pulled his phone out, typed something and then threw it on the floor. "You're coming home with me tomorrow," he said and she turned her head to look at him. "I'm perfectly fine here on my one, Jooheon."

"You can't even take care of yourself when you're with all of us and you expect me to believe you'll be fine alone? Fat chance. No arguments. You're coming. Besides, my mom misses you."

Jane sighed, knowing she wasn't going to win this argument. "I haven't packed."

"You can pack after Kihyun gets back from getting your meds and after you've taken them." If she could, she would have sat straight up and smacked the boy across his head. "You told Kihyun?!" He only raised an eyebrow at her.

"Changkyun-ah and I don't do the scolding stuff. That's Kihyun and Minhyuk's job. Shownu hyung's when he's here." Jane groaned again and Jooheon chuckled at her misery. He kissed her temple and she grimaced.

"Sleep for now. Maybe I'll keep Kihyun from getting to hard on you." She rolled her eyes and then remembered that she really had to pee. "Honey, I can't sleep." He sighed, "You didn't even try."

"No," she subtly shook her head, "I mean I will literally pee in your bed if you don't get me to the bathroom now."

"I am—what?! I am not taking you to the bathroom!"

"Then I guess I'll just stumble my way there and maybe crack my head on the floor when I pass out," she chirped ever so sweetly and Jooheon groaned, standing up and helping her to her feet.

"You're lucky you're my favorite," he muttered and Jane smiled up at him. "You're lucky you're my second favorite."

"Yah!"