Swordplay

"Well who's the tag along?" He asks, pointing at you.

You look to the floor anxiously, twiddling your fingers.

"A friend." Susan says, a smile creeping onto her face.

You grin back, glad to be associated by that word. You hadn't had a real friend for a good couple of years now.

"A friend? Honestly, this is not at all what I expected." The dwarf declares.

He was probably referencing to everyone's age and you were sure if you were in that position, you'd be shocked as well.

"You might be surprised.." Peter says, grinning as he unsheathed his sword.

Peter held it above the dwarf, looking as if he was challenging the creature to a sword fight.

"Oh, you don't want to do that boy." He says, his eyes flashing darkly.

"Not me," Peter says, glancing to Edmund, "Him."

Peter flipped his sword around, giving its handle to the dwarf as Edmund prepared himself for battle.

You watched as the teenaged boy pulled out his sword and held it poised. It was a nice blade even if it's wasn't as magnificent as Peter's.

The dwarf acquiesced Peter's offer, the blade weighing him down almost instantly.

Edmund glanced back at his siblings and you, as if double checking that they thought this was a good idea. Edmund knew he'd already won.

Suddenly the dwarf swung at Edmund, knocking him back slightly.

Edmund's confident expression falter for a minute but swiftly returned as he gripped his sword and resiliently regained his posture.

Lucy yelled her brother's name but you had faith in your friend, he could easily beat this dwarf, even if the dwarf had the first hit.

The two battled skilfully, Edmund had the upper hand throughout the whole fight, gracefully ducking and jumping each and every one of the dwarf's attempt to slash him.

You were right, the king completely obliterated the dwarf, disarming him without giving him a cut or a scratch.

Edmund held his sword pointed at the creature determinedly, slightly out of breath.

You wondered if Edmund could teach you to wield a sword as well as him.

"Beards and bedsteads!" The dwarf cursed, "Maybe that horn worked after all!"

"What horn?" Susan asked, suddenly curious.

"The legendary horn that's supposed to summon the kings and queens of old." The dwarf states, "In fact, I believe it belongs to you." He points at Susan.

"Did you need us for something or did you just blow it for the fun of it?" Edmund asks.

"No, actually, we need your help." The dwarf declares seriously. "We have a new ruler in Narnia who promises to help us fight the Telmarines and regain all the land that they've taken from us and repay the blood loss. He was formerly a Telmarine and is a son of Adam like you and well, we figured we could use all the help we could get."

You all listen intently although Peter flinched a little at the mention of a 'new ruler'.

"Why would a Telmarine side with us?" Susan asks.

"Well, he was in line to the throne but his uncle attempted to take that away by sending men to kill him. He fled the castle and found refuge in our forests, he's as ready for revenge as any of us." The dwarf continues.

"What's his name?" Lucy asks.

"Prince Caspian."