Bear

"Is there something special about animals in Narnia?" You ask Susan, not taking your eyes of Lucy.

"No, wait wh-" Her eyes widen at the sight of Lucy walking over to the bear.

It had now stood up on his hind legs, looking more dangerous than ever.

"Don't worry, we're friends.." Lucy says politely to the animal, as if expecting it to reply or something silly like that.

You were surprised no one was doing anything to help her. You drew your sword just as you heard the dwarf speak.

"Don't move, your majesty." He tells her just as the creature starts to move towards her.

The black bear picks up it's pace and starts charging towards the queen with its teeth bared.

You had no choice but to run forward and push Lucy aside, just in time to realise the bear was going to come at you instead.

You almost faint but remembering you had a sword gave you a little more courage.

"Stay away from her." Susan yells, pulling back her bow, ready to let the arrow fly any second.

But the creature was too close and Susan didn't look as if she actually was going to shoot.

The creature let out a ferocious growl as if it were about to tear you to pieces.

Quickly, you brandish your sword and plunge it into the creatures body, making it roar in agony before it flopped to the ground.

You stare at your bloody sword, breathing rapidly as the others run towards you to check if you were alright.

"Why wouldn't he stop?" Susan asks, shocked at the animals behaviour.

"It's a bloody bear! And a hungry one by the looks of it. What did you expect?" You say, as deep red blood drips from your sword.

Peter rushed over to his younger sister, lifting her up as he pointed his sword at the beast, just to make sure.

"Thanks." Lucy says, giving you a weak smile.

"He was wild." Edmund says, he had his sword out too.

"I don't think he could talk at all." Peter says, shocked.

"What? Can animals speak in Narnia or something?" You ask jokingly but the others didn't seem to find it funny.

"Yes. Actually." Edmund says, still looking stern.

"Get treated like a dumb animal long enough, that's what you become." The dwarf says, overlooking the animal corpse.

The dwarf slit the beast's throat, making sure it wouldn't come and attack you the moment you turn your backs.

Lucy couldn't bare to look, she buried her face into her brothers clothes.

The dwarf sighed, "You may find Narnia a more savage place than you remember."