Battle

"But we didn't do.." You stop, knowing there was no point speaking because it wasn't going to change anything.

"Get ready!" Peter yells to the Narnian soldiers before turning back to fight one of the Telmarine generals who seemed to be running at him like a madman.

You and Edmund quickly unsheathed your swords as Caspian got back on his horse and held his ground.

Catapults started landing on the field, wrecking the grass.

You heard a yell from the other side of the field as the Telmarine Cavalry started to make their way towards your base.

"Archers!" Susan cried from behind you, signalling them to ready themselves.

You felt at a disadvantage being on foot as a couple hundred people charged at you on horseback.

At least you had powers.

Peter glanced back at Caspian and he swiftly turned his horse around, leading it towards the How.

"Ed," You whisper, gulping, "Why are we staying here, shouldn't we move? We're going to get crushed!"

"No." Edmund says solemnly, not taking his eyes away from the battlefield, "Peter has a plan."

"Yes a wonderful plan that involves us getting trampled." You say sarcastically but Edmund doesn't reply.

"Trust us, Y/n." Peter says nodding at you before starting counting.

"One."

The ground behind you seemed to sink slightly but you didn't pay much attention, you were more interested in why the High King was counting.

"Two." The ground moved again, almost like an earth quake.

"What's going on?" You ask, but your question was soon answered when the ground started crumbling a hundred yards in front of you.

The telmarine horses began to fall into the large hole that had now formed in the field.

It was a smart plan you had to admit.

Susan yelled again and suddenly arrows were sent flying across the sky. Colours of red and purple zoomed through the air, whistling gently as they did so.If it wasn't a battle, you might've said it looked pretty.

The Telmarines that were scrambling out of the hole were knocked back by the arrows, giving the Narnians time to prepare for charge.

"Y/n." Peter says, walking to you, "Go with Edmund."

A horse slowly trotted towards you and the boy riding it extended a hand.

"Wait, why can't I just have my own horse?" You ask, looking back to Peter.

"There's no time! We need you on the frontlines!" The high king ordered so you climbed onto the horse with Edmund.

The horse started charging along with the other Narnians commencing the battle for real this time.

"Is that Caspian?" You ask, seeing a load of centaurs and horses escape from underground through a little grass door in the middle of the field.

"I think so." Edmund says, pulling out his crossbow to shoot the Telmarines.

You barely had chance to use your sword or your ice powers because you were interrupted by a yell from Peter.

"Back to the How!"

The Telmarines started sending heavy stones across on their catapults.

Suddenly, you had an idea.