Battle Planning

After sleeping well at the Narnian camp, you wake up to the sound of a horn blowing.

"What does that mean?" You ask Susan and Lucy, who were sat up in their beds next to you.

"I think it means Peter's calling a meeting." Susan says, pulling her bow onto her arm.

"At this time?" You groan, pulling your pillow over your eyes.

"You've slept twelve hours." Lucy says, rolling her eyes, "You'll be fine."

Eventually, the other two convince you to move and you found yourself yawning as you made your way into Aslan's chamber.

When the Narnians started to stare, you wondered if it was because you were yawning in such a sacred place or if it was just because two queens had entered the room.

"It's only a matter of time." A voice filled the chamber.

Oh, Peter was giving a speech, you hoped it wasn't boring.

"Miraz and his men are on their way. That means those same men aren't protecting his castle." Peter wasn't a bad public speaker, you had to admit.

"What do you propose we do your majesty?" An animal asks, it was a small mouse. You think he's called Reepicheep.

"We need to get ready for-"

"We need to start planning for-"

Caspian and Peter both spoke at once, instantly creating tension in the room.

"Our only hope." Peter continued, boldly, "Is to strike them before they strike us."

"But that's crazy, no one has ever taken that castle." Caspian persists.

"There's always a first time." Peter says, acting as if he was better than Caspian when Caspian did have more experience with the Telmarines.

"We'll have the element of surprise." Trumpkin adds, siding with Peter.

"But we have the advantage here." Caspian declares.

You knew nothing about battles so didn't think to interject with your opinion, considering it was probably rubbish anyway.

"If we dig in we probably could hold them of indefinitely." Susan sides with the Prince.

"I for one feel safer underground." The badger adds.

"Look. I appreciate what you've done here, but this isn't a fortress, it's a tomb." Peter speaks, nearing Caspian.

"Yes, and if they're smart, the telmarines will just wait and starve us out." Edmund says, you hadn't even noticed he was there.

"I think you know where I stand sire." Reepicheep says. You found it odd that the mouse held a sword but you didn't question it. Narnia was a strange place with even stranger people in it.

"If I get your troops in, can you handle the guards?" Peter asks Oreius, the head centaur.

"Or die trying my liege." The centaur nodded as Caspian looked to the ground.

"That's what I'm worried about." Lucy says, breaking the silence.

"Sorry?" Peter asks, turning around to face his younger sister.

"You're all acting like there's only two options, dying here or dying there." She explained.

"I'm not sure you're really listening Lu." Peter sighs, turning back around.

"No. You're not listening." Lucy raised her voice, "Or have you forgotten who really defeated the white witch, Peter?"

"I think we've waited for Aslan long enough." He said, striding out of the chamber.

You looked to Lucy sympathetically as she sighed and the people began to leave the room.

You lingered in the chamber once everyone has left, looking up at the carving of the lion on the wall.

If Aslan left when you did, shouldn't the magic have brought him back?

"Where are you?" You mutter, before walking out.