Duel

You observed the Telmarine army as it loomed in the corner of the field, watching your every move.

You were wearing typical battle clothes and a bright red breastplate with the symbol of Aslan painted on the front. A gold lion.

You waited with the centaurs and other creatures wielding swords. You had yours grasped tightly in your hand as you readied yourself.

Even though the duel was supposed to prevent a war, Peter had told you to gather the troops to intimidate your opponents and also to back him up in case the Telmarines went against the deal.

Being a general, you stood slightly in front of the group. Peter had also asked you to accompany him as he fought since Caspian had apparently gone to assist the girls.

At the time negotiated, the king of Telmar and his associates made their way up towards the ruins in the centre of the battlefield.

Miraz had a couple of men with him, more than Peter intended to bring at least.

Actually, where was Peter?

Suddenly, a huge roar comes from behind you. And although it wasn't a lions one, it was equally as powerful.

It felt as if the whole of Narnia was cheering for the high king as he marched out from the base.

You watched as Peter pushed on his helmet, more determined than ever. Edmund was following after his brother, looking more serious than you'd ever seen him be.

Peter held a Narnian shield and held the sword that he took from the ruins Cair Paravel. He and Edmund both wore the same battle clothes as you.

You mutter a couple of words to the centaur beside you, informing him that he was now in charge of the warriors whilst you went with Peter.

It would probably be better if the centaur was in charge since he obviously had more battle experience than you.

As a matter of fact it was a little silly putting you as general after not fighting any war before but you shrug it off as you stride towards your friends.

Edmund gives you a slight grin as you walk beside him but behind Peter.

"How is he?" You whisper to Edmund, not wanting the Telmarines to hear.

"I'm not sure." Edmund whispers back, "But he'd never allow himself to let Narnia down so I wouldn't worry yourself."

You nod, giving him a weak smile.

The three of you come to a halt beside the ruins where Miraz was waiting.

The king slowly got up from his chair. He was old. That gave Peter an advantage before they'd even started fighting.

"You know," Miraz said, slipping his helmet onto his head and taking his sword and shield from his generals, "It's not too late to surrender."

Peter smirked, "Feel free."

At least he was confident.

The boy pulled his visor down and grabbed his sword, circling around Miraz.

"How many more have to die for the throne?" Miraz chuckles, holding his sword at the ready.

"Just one." Peter says, practically growling as he lunged, attacking the king of Telmar with all he had.