Narnian Royalty

You faded in and out of consciousness as Susan carried your limp body towards the stream.

You were sure you saw Lucy standing on the other side of a bridge with a lion but it was more likely that you were hallucinating.

Death was pretty unpredictable.

"Lucy!" You heard again, only this time it was Peters voice.

Sound then began to distort, swirling around in your head like the sound of waves crashing upon the shore.

Or were you actually just hearing waves?

Your vision was blurred but you could just make out a huge man made out of water descending on the bridge and wiping out the Telmarines just as it faded to black.

What an odd way to die.

-

The first thing you felt after being brought back was the sudden urge to cough.

You were suddenly aware of the pebbles that you were lying on and that fact that your hair was damp and your face sticky with tears that were not your own.

When you opened your eyes you were greeted by a familiar face.

Susan.

You reach up and pull her into a tight hug as she laughed into your arms. When she pulled away, she wouldn't stop grinning.

"This has happened twice now, do you really need to cry this time?" You say, smiling back at her.

"At the thought of losing you? Always." She says just as you stood up.

Lucy was waiting patiently, her cordial gripped firmly in her hands.

"Thank you." You tell her as she hugs you, squeezing your waist almost to the point where you couldn't breathe.

The two kings and prince of Narnia all walk over, glad to see you awake again.

You hugged Peter as he thanked you for everything you did on the battlefield and the sacrifice you made for the country.

"It's alright, I'm sure you would've done the same" You say to the High King, moving on to Edmund.

"I'm so glad you're safe." Edmund says, trying to hold back tears.

"You wouldn't miss me that much." You joke, grinning as you pull away and look at Caspian.

You didn't know him as well as you knew the Pevensies but at this point they all felt like siblings to you.

You hugged and Caspian gave you a friendly smile but his centre of attention changed when he saw Aslan walking over to you all.

Peter, Susan, Edmund, Lucy and Caspian all got down on their knees, kneeling for the lion.

You awkwardly copied them, making a small smirk creep onto Aslan's face. Which, admittedly, you thought was a little weird since you'd never seen a lion smile before.

"Rise, Kings and Queens of Narnia." The lion declares, allowing the Penvensies to stand up.

"All of you." Aslan continues, making you and Caspian look up slightly.

"I do not think I am ready." Caspian admits, staring at the ground.

"It's for that very reason I know you are." Aslan replies, before looking at you.

"I know you've spent very little time in Narnia Y/n, but you're brave, loyal, selfless and powerful, four qualities that are often found in great royalty."

You slowly rise to your feet, just you notice mice escape from the water and scuttle towards you all.

You got powers, got nominated as a general and now you were Narnian royalty, could things get any better?