General

It felt like the whole world was watching you as you stood on the stone. You were more terrified than ever.

They knew now. There was no going back.

You were sure something bad was going to happen, things like this never end well in books and films, got all you knew they might even decide to kill you on the spot.

Your lip starts to quiver as the silence lingers just a moment too long.

"Y/n." Peter speaks to you in the same tone he would've spoken to a wild animal, trying to calm them down, "I-"

Lucy cuts him off and in her childlike innocence, she says two words that change everything.

"It's.. beautiful." She says, her eyes wide and her mouth open in awe.

Suddenly, it was as if a switch had just been flicker, the Narnians had started murmuring comments on the situation.

And although some of the remarks were negative, the majority thought that your ice powers were wonderful, even if they did come from the White Witch.

"Oh Susan!" You watch Lucy tug on her sisters sleeve, her grin hadn't faded, "Doesn't it remind you of the first time we arrived here? Through the wardrobe?"

You smile at the Narnians as if to say, 'it's alright'.

Edmund smiled, looking down at all of the happiness below him. He clearly knew that hope was exactly the thing Narnians needed.

He quickly whispered into a centaurs ear with an idea.

"I vote we promote her to general!" You hear a centaur yell. You couldn't tell who it was but you were pretty certain it was the same one that gave you a lift the other day.

Peter heard this mark and widened his eyes, a little surprised at the sudden mention.

"Aye!" A dwarf yelled, "Her powers could wipe out legions!"

"Are you sure about this? She has the same powers as the white witch! Don't you think we should think this through a little more?" A faun says, worriedly.

"Y/n can't be compared to such cruelty. I don't believe she's capable of anything like that" Caspian argued. It was clear that his opinion on you had changed a lot since you'd saved his life.

You couldn't believe you were being nominated for such an honour.

Looking to Susan, she was raising her arm in agreement, cheering along with all the creatures.

I mean, she looked a little jealous about the fact Caspian said something nice about you but that was natural for young lovers so you didn't care. You knew he didn't like you in that way.

Edmund was cheering too, he even argued with Peter about promoting you.

"She's a good swordswoman too." You hear your friends voice from across the way, he was face to face with the high king.

The two debated as the Narnians did until Peter sighed and nodded at Edmund.

Susan and Lucy just kept smiling up at you, proudly.

"Alright!!" Peter yelled, silencing the hubbub in an instant, "I hereby promote Y/n to one of my lead fighters, a general if you must."

The silence erupted into a mass of laughter and cheers. You couldn't do anything except grin. The ice continued to seep from your feet, only this time it made pretty patterns.

Even if it did look good, you had to learn to control it before you had to fight. You really didn't want to disappoint Narnia. A lot was riding on your back now.