Traditions

You sit by yourself in Aslan's chamber practicing your magic.

You'd been in there for a good couple of hours, missing dinner so that you could keep at it.

Narnia was depending on you. You were their secret weapon and you couldn't allow yourself to disappoint them.

You turn your attention back to your magic, it worked best when you didn't have annoying, intruding thoughts.

You were currently staring at an ice cube. It seemed weak and feeble but you were actually seeing how long you could hold it before you had to let it melt.

You were going strong, getting your best score yet when you see a figure jogging into the chamber.

"Y/n. Have you seen Pete?" Edmund asks, looking concerned, his face was sweaty and he looked as if he'd been training for a while.

"Why is something up?" You ask, a little annoyed that you'd let your ice cube melt now.

"Well.." He looked to the floor nervously. "There are.. actually, just come with me. It's a lot easier to show you."

"What are you lot on about?" A familiar voice echoes around the chamber as you hear footsteps approaching.

The high king strode in casually, biting into an apple as he observed you and Edmund.

"Peter!" Edmund says, relieved to see his older brother, "There's something you have to see."

You and Peter follow Edmund out of the chamber and up a staircase onto the rocks that you'd previously frozen.

Luckily it was the middle of summer so the rocks didn't look as icy as before but they were still damp.

You look to your right and notice Caspian standing beside you.

He was looking out into the distance nervously.

"Is that..." You trail off, squinting at the tree-line that surrounded your base.

Your stomach does a somersault as you noticed a stream of men dressed in silver and blue marching onto your field.

"Telmarines." Caspian confirms.

You started to freak out. Your fingers began to turn blue. You needed more practice. You couldn't fight them now. There was no way that you could save Narnia like this.

Peter rushed down into the chamber yelling for Lucy.

"What's he doing?" Caspian asks, raising his eyebrows.

"Hopefully not something dumb." You admit, as the three of you eventually decide to follow him down the stairs.

"That's your plan?" You hear a familiar dwarf's voice echo around the stone walls, "Sending a little girl into the darkest parts of the forest alone?"

"She won't be alone." Caspian looked a little nervous hearing Susan's voice.

You and Edmund share a look that said 'We were right from the start, they are in love with each other.'

You would've even laughed but you'd stepped into one of the private rooms and found Peter laying out his big plan.

"Haven't enough of us died already?" Trumpkin asks the high king who looked more determined than ever.

"Nickabrik was my friend too." Badger says from the corner, "But he lost hope. Queen Lucy hasn't. And neither have I."

"For Aslan." You hear Reepicheep say.

"For Aslan." You say back to him, holding a hand to your icy heart that for once in a while, was staring to feel a little warm.

It was probably the nerves.

"We have to hold them off until Susan and Lucy get back." Peter instructs, breaking the silence.

"If I may," Caspian suggests, standing up as if preparing for a speech.

"Miraz may be a tyrant and a murderer but as king he is subject to the traditions and expectations of his people." Caspian takes a deep breath, trying not to look at Susan for too long.

"There is one in particular that may buy us time."