Tail

The mice began to play a sad and achy tune on a mini instrument as they delivered Reepicheep through on a stretcher.

You felt saddened to see such a brave soldier who was prepared to give up everything for Narnia barely holding on to his consciousness.

Lucy gasped, bending down to give him a drop of her cordial.

You watched as the mouse slowly regained his heartbeat and was brought back to life.

"Oh, your majesty, thank you," He took in a few raspy breaths, "Thank you." He repeated.

"Oh," He sounded almost drunk, "Hail Aslan, it is a great honour to be.."

He paused, noticing he no longer had a tail.

"I am completely out of countenance, I must crave your indulgence for appearing in this unseemly fashion."

You could barely understand anything the mouse said. He used posh language that wasn't as common in 1941.

"Perhaps a drop more?" Reepicheep asked Lucy, his eyes glued to her healing cordial.

"I don't think it works like that." She says solemnly.

"You could have a go." The mouse suggests.

Aslan began to laugh, "It becomes you well, small one."

"All the same, great king." Reepicheep replies, "I regret that I must withdraw, for a tail is the honour and glory of a mouse."

"Perhaps you think too much of your honour friend," Aslan says.

"Well, it's not just the honour," Reepicheep continues, it was obvious that he really missed his tail, "it's also great for balance.. and climbing... and grabbing things.."

Then Reepicheep's fellow mice offered to slice their own tails off for their chief, holding their swords at the ready.

"Not for the sake of your dignity, but for the love of your people." Aslan says, returning Reepicheep's tale with magic.

In all the magic you'd seen here, you thought you'd be used to it but it was as enchanting as ever seeing it in action.

The mice cheered as Reepicheep thanked the lion.

"I will treasure it always, from this day forward it will serve as a great reminder of my huge militant." The mouse continues, making your friends giggle.

"Now, where is this dear little friend that you've told me so much about." Aslan asked Lucy, making you all look towards Trumpkin who was making his way out of the water.

He bowed to Aslan who let out a mighty roar.

"Do you see him now?" Lucy asks, a grin spreading across her face.