Deal

The next day, Peter had sent his two sisters to find Aslan and Edmund to make a deal with the Telmarines. This meant that you found yourself feeling a little lonely.

Peter was preparing for battle which was mindnumbingly boring and Caspian was off riding his horse somewhere. That left you with absolutely nothing to do and no one to talk to.

All the interesting people and creatures were also preparing for the fight so you helped out issuing weapons to the soldiers. But after a while you found yourself tiring.

In fact, you got so bored that you even gave archery a shot. You weren't particularly good at it but at least you managed to hit the target 90% of the time.

At around nine in the morning, Edmund came back from his visit to the leaders of Telmar. You met him outside the the entrance and found yourself smiling at his return.

"Miss me?" Edmund asks, a smirk playing on his face.

"You wish." You punch him lightly in the arm before making the matters more serious, "So how'd it go?"

"He accepted." Edmund says grinning, "I mean, who wouldn't, my charm can be irresistible sometimes."

You roll your eyes at his cockiness, leaving Edmund alone for a moment before Peter walked out to speak to him.

You went down to look for Caspian to see if he'd returned but there was no sign of him.

You didn't really have anything better to do than to speak to Edmund and Peter.

They were now in Aslan's chamber, sat on the stone chatting.

It seemed that Peter was making Edmund explain exactly what had happened at the Telmarine camp.

"And then I breathed twice. Took a single step back and spoke these few words, "So you are bravely refusing to fight a-"

"Oh stop it Ed," Peter says rolling his eyes.

"I thought you wanted the whole entire story though?" Edmund jokes before explaining it fully.

From what you heard, you knew that Edmund had gone over to make a deal with the Telmarines. He had a scroll with a message on it from Peter. It said something about a one to one duel to prevent bloodshed, or at least that's what you managed to read when Edmund showed you the paper for a split second.

Then Edmund went on about persuading the soldiers to accept, explaining that when doing this sort of thing you had to find your engines fatal flaw and with most kings, it's their reputation.

"Isn't that manipulation?" You ask, making a joke out of all this.

"Not when it's against Miraz." Edmund says, "The man deserves to feel some pain."

You shrug, as if saying his point was fair enough.

"Did Su and Lu set off alright?" Edmund asks, glancing towards Peter.

"Yes, if all is well they should be on their way to find Aslan." Peter says, taking the scroll from his brother's hand, "With Y/n and Aslan, no one will dare oppose us again." He shot you a grin.

"Are you even sure he's there still?" Edmund asks, looking concerned for his sisters.

Peter shrugged.

"He will be." You say confidently, looking at the carving on the wall, "I know it."