Secret

You get out of bed for dinner.

You had to show yourself to the world at some point.

Luckily, your hands weren't blue anymore and any person would've thought that you were just a fatigued human looking for her friends.

You had to tell someone but who?

You sat down at the table beside Lucy and Caspian, both were happy to see you and you wondered if they still would be if they knew you had ice hidden behind your fingertips.

"You look pale. Are you alright?" Caspian asks as he takes some chicken from his plate.

"Yeah, just tired." You say, giving him your best innocent smile. The truth was that you were torn apart on the inside.

Your powers were horrifyingly entrancing but you had no way of telling whether they were good or bad. And there was always that chance that you could accidentally hurt someone with them.

You gulp, hoping no one noticed you shaking.

You knew that couldn't tell Caspian about your ice powers since he'd only just come to realise that you weren't a Telmarine spy. It would ruin whatever respect he had for you.

"I'm sure she'll be fine." Peter says, for some reason he was sat beside Caspian. Maybe they'd made friends again.

You couldn't tell Peter. He would have to be responsible and exile you. For all he knew your powers were evil. They could corrupt you or even turn you against them.

You throat was raw as you swallowed, hoping that would never happen.

Maybe you could tell Lucy? No, she'd just be afraid of you, that wouldn't help anything. Especially since she looked up to you so much.

On the other hand, Susan had confided in her problems with you, perhaps she wouldn't mind hearing yours?

You observed her as she watched Caspian eat, barely remembering her own food.

She had too much on her mind to be worried about your powers. After all, Narnia needed her level headed wisdom.

That left one person. Edmund.

You didn't particularly want to tell him in case he thought you were like the witch. I mean, he could turn against you. You couldn't imagine he was good at keeping secrets. Not other peoples at least.

"Y/n?" Edmund says, "Are you okay?"

You curse in your head, he'd noticed you staring.

"Yeah, I'm fine." You shiver. He looked genuinely worried for you, maybe he would keep your secret.

After all, he had sided with the witch at one point so he might know something about your new powers.

"Are you.. cold?" Edmund asks, looking at you shivering.

"I said I'm fine." You feel a wave of ice crawl up your body so you leave the table, hiding your hands in your pocket. They'd gone blue again.

You speed-walked out of the hall and towards the ruins outside the building.

You found a rock and climbed on top of it, icicles spreading around you as you sat down.

It looked rather pretty but you knew it wouldn't be good if anyone else saw it.

"Shit." You say, leaping off it and moving to a grassy ledge.

You had no way of controlling these powers and it scared you. You might've even cried but you were sure that if any tears fell from your eyes they'd freeze on the spot.

You knock your head back, pressing it against the stone.

"Y/n?" You hear a voice from behind you.

It was Edmund.