Battle

After five minutes of trying to find your way into the castle courtyard, where the gate was situated, you heard a bell toll.

You curse, the Telmarines had found out that you were here. It would make sneaking around a lot harder.

You finally, make your way into the courtyard. You slip across it, pressing yourself against walls when need be and ducking to avoid the soldiers that were now marching across with crossbows.

You wait by the gate, hiding in a crevice, glancing up at where Edmund was supposed to be, waiting for the signal.

He seemed to be waving it around which wasn't according to plan. Strange.

"Now. Ed. Now!" You hear a voice yell. It was Peter, "Signal the troops. Y/n! Get the gate!"

You quickly turn the wheel, opening the gate efficiently as Peter and Caspian rush to help you. Susan, on the other hand, kept staring at the soldiers she could see lining up, ready for attack.

"It's too late! We have to call it off while we can." Susan says.

"No I can still do this." Peter says.

"We." You correct him.

"Sorry?" He asks.

"You can't win a battle by yourself Peter." You point out.

Caspian nodded his head in agreement but Peter didn't reply. He just kept moving the gate.

"What's taking Ed so long?" You ask, looking up at the tower, "Do you think he's alright?"

"Good point." Peter says, rushing towards the tower just as Edmund switches his torch on, signalling for the troops.

You hear the clatter of hooves and feet as the Narnian soldiers storm towards the castle.

You step back from the gate, allowing them to pass through as Susan, Peter and Caspian ready to fight.

"Are you with us Y/n?" Caspian asks, encouraging you to draw your sword.

The letters that Edmund had engraved sparkled in the moonlight, only encouraging you more to fight for what you believed in.

The four of you charge into the square, attacking the first Telmarines that you spot.

You take out multiple men easily, you were a lot better than you remembered. However, this caused you to get cocky and accidentally forget to cover your back.

You heard the arrow whizzing towards you and knew there was nothing you could do. The only thing that surprised you was the fact that it didn't hit your back or anywhere near you.

You spin around, noticing a small mouse had caught it in his hand.

"Reepicheep, thank god you're here!" You say, relieved.

"A friend of the throne is a friend of mine." He says dramatically before dropping the arrow and scrambling into the distance.

However, it seemed someone else was having trouble with arrows.

"Edmund!" You yell, he was standing on a parapet with several archers aiming at him. Surprisingly, he was oblivious to it.

Because you yelled, he realised just in time, moving to a door and slamming it behind him just as the archers let their arrows rip.

You hoped Edmund was alright but then again, you had bigger things to worry about. You brought your blade down, slicing the arm of a telmarine and moving on to your next.