Aftermath

You dismounted your centaur as you arrived at the camp.

It was early in the morning and the sun was still hidden behind the clouds. Dew drops trickled off the trees' leaves like tears as you got a glimpse of your friend Lucy.

Lucy was waiting patiently by the edge of the building, she looked horrified to see such forlorn faces and the tremendous battle wounds.

"What happened?" She asked sincerely.

"Ask him." Peter says, glaring at Caspian.

"Peter." Susan rolled her eyes, hoping that he wouldn't be childish and argue about it. But, you knew it was too late to hope that.

"Me?" Caspian glared, "You could've called it off there was still time."

"There wasn't thanks to you." Peter says, the two were so icy towards each other, "If you'd have just kept to the plan, those soldiers might've been alive right now."

"And if you just stayed here like I suggested they definitely would be." Caspian spits.

"You called us, remember?" Peter says.

"My first mistake." Caspian answers.

"No." You couldn't tell if Peter was laughing or crying, "Your first mistake was thinking you could lead these people."

"HEY!" Caspian yelled, stopping Peter from walking away, "I am not the one who abandoned Narnia."

"You invaded Narnia." Peter declares, "You have no more right to lead than Miraz does."

Caspian strode away.

"You, him, your father! Narnia is better off without the lot of you." Peter continues.

Caspian clearly didn't like the mention of his father and instantly drew his sword, pointing it at Peter.

The two blades lingered in the air for a sharp moment before Edmund yelled.

"Stop it." He was behind you, holding the dead dwarf, your friend,Trumpkin.

Lucy rushed over, dropping some of her cordial into his mouth. You and Susan knelt down beside her as Caspian strode into the building, away from everyone.

"What're you all standing there for." The dwarf aggressively says, "The Telmarines will be here soon enough."

It was sad that his first words after being brought back were so pessimistic.

"Thank you." The dwarf said to Lucy. She was always happy no matter what. You admired that.

Everyone made their way into the hall to eat and mend themselves, getting ready for the Telmarines attack as soon as possible.

You sit at the table eating bread as you try not to think of the death and destruction you'd been a part of last night.

Susan sat beside you and two of you spoke for a little but you got distracted slightly by a cold shiver running down your spine.

"Something's off." You say as you felt the mood in the room dim slightly.

Your teeth started to chatter, you couldn't tell if it was nerves or the cold.

"Oh shit," You say looking towards Aslan's tomb, "It's Caspian."