Hunting

You, Peter, Susan, Lucy and Edmund stayed in the How for around week.

Caspian had returned to his kingdom, sorting it out and making sure all the people living there were happy again.

You knew that when he gets crowned, he'll make a great king.

For the first couple of days, you spent most of your time helping cure the wounded and repair the damage that the catapults had created.

But after that, you didn't really have anything you needed to do which was particularly weird because you'd never had free time in Narnia.

So you sat at the breakfast table with Lucy and Peter, listening to them talk about Aslan and laugh about past adventures.

You notice Susan walk past the table and towards the door. When Peter stared at her she started explaining.

"I'm going out." Susan says as she pulls on her jacket, "I'm taking a horse from the stables."

"Where?" Peter says with a mouth full.

"To see Caspian." She shrugs as if it were no big deal.

"Oooo." Lucy says, looking at you and smirking.

"Oh shut up would you?" She says acting annoyed when a smile was actually creeping onto her face.

"Have fun." You said, giving her a wink.

She rolled her eyes, walking from the entrance.

"It's odd that we have nothing to do." You admit as she left.

Peter just shrugged.

"We could always go out hunting." You hear a voice from the other side of the room.

It was Edmund. He'd only just woken up and was rubbing his eyes.

"Sounds cool." You say, looking to Peter for permission. You'd never been hunting before.

He just got up from the table as Lucy sighed, annoyed that she was too young for this stuff.

"Maybe you could just find Aslan?" You tell her, "I'm sure he wouldn't mind keeping you company."

"I guess." Lucy says, sighing in disappointment.

"You know, if you would rather I can stay back here with you." You reply, feeling bad for her.

"No, you should go and have fun." She gives you a weak smile.

"Alright." You grin, noticing that Edmund and Peter had disappeared to gear up and get their horses.

You quickly get your stuff ready, taking a crossbow and a sword along with your horse even when you didn't exactly need them with your powers and all.

"Y/n." You hear Peter yell from outside.

You ready yourself and gallop over to the boys who were waiting.

"Have you ever been hunting before Y/n?" Edmund asks, squinting in the bright sun.

"No, but it can't be that hard can it?" You grin, letting your horse lead you across the field.

The boys follow you into a forest where Edmund made the first kill, impaling a stag with his sword.

"Not bad." Peter says, smiling as he readies his crossbow, shooting a bird from midair.

The sun slowly filtered through the leaves, making the trees practically glow in the sunlight.

"Hey! That's cheating!" Edmund yells jokingly after noticing that you'd frozen a deer.

"No it's just called using your resources." You grin but that smile falters when you hear the whine of another horse.

Was someone watching you?