Stick to the Plan

Edmund's griffin was to arrive first. He shot off into the distance while you waited with the other three for the signal that he was safe.

You didn't actually remember what this signal was but you thought that you'd just follow Susan, Caspian and Peter, find a turret and then wait for the signal.

"You all good?" Peter asked, his voice barely audible over the raging winds.

Caspian nodded. He didn't look that happy to be back.

You were about to answer when you saw a bright light through the fog. Edmund.

You glance quickly at the others before moving forwards towards the castle.

Your griffin flew by gracefully without being detected. It was lovely to feel the wind in your hair and the feeling of freedom. It was a shame that you had to fight a battle now, you would've enjoyed swooping around more instead.

You step off your ride, thanking it as you slid from the turret down onto a balcony.

You were just about to walk in when you heard the noise of someone walking around, the familiar clank of uniform and the chink of chainmail.

Shit. A guard.

You stumble as you halt, kicking a rock through the open door into the hallway where the guard was.

"Who's there?" He asks in a gruff voice.

You quickly hide behind the door as the guard walks out to inspect. Your hold your breath for a moment before jumping out and clashing blades with the man.

You took him by surprise, that was your only advantage. However, that advantage worked well. You managed to break his leg and dislocate his jaw, stopping him from moving or calling for help.

"Sorry about that." You say, moving into the hallway and locking the man outside on the balcony.

You walk quickly through the hallway, not wanting to be spotted by anyone. But, you couldn't help nosing through the open doors and into the rooms to see what was going on.

"Caspian?" You say, surprised to see a familiar Prince speaking to a man with grey hair.

"Who's that?" The old man asked.

"Y/n. She came with the kings and queens of old. But there's no time to explain." Caspian tells him.

"Did she really?" The old man asks, looking impressed and shocked at the same time which you thought was quite odd.

"That's what she says, professor." Caspian pauses, "Now go."

"The magic brought her then?" The professor says, ignoring Caspian.

"Yes." You say, a little annoyed they were having a full conversation about you when you were right there.

"Hmm.. peculiar." He said, stroking his chin, "The magic must've brought you for some reason."

"Professor. You need to get out of here! Find somewhere safe!" Caspian says, interrupting.

You both stand still as the professor limps off into the castle. He was clearly in pain. Caspian also looked hurt too, not physically but emotionally. Maybe the professor had just told him something bad.

"Caspian? Are you alright?" You ask, putting away your sword.

"Yes. I'll be better in a minute.. once I.. once I..." He pauses, calming now and staring at you, "I've got to do something, shouldn't you be somewhere else?"

You nod, walking away as Caspian practically ran up some stairs. You had a bad feeling about what he was going to do.

"Wait! Caspian!" You shout but not too loud so that no one will wake up, "Don't do anything stupid. Stick to the plan."