Respite

The two clash swords for a while and you couldn't help but feel a little useless just waiting on the sidelines and not helping your friend when he looked as if he was struggling.

The fight was surprisingly equal for a while but things looked as if they were going badly when Peter rolled onto the floor. Peter's arm looked unnaturally bent and it seemed to be stuck in one position.

"I think it's dislocated-" You begin to speak but Edmund cuts you off.

"Y/n." He says quietly so only you could hear, "You might want to check your sword.. but not now or the Telmarines will notice.. wait a couple of seconds."

You nodded, gluing your eyes to the battle as Peter let out a cry, jumping up and attacking Miraz.

You take this moment to check your sword, hiding your shocked gasp in the cheer of the Narnians.

To your horror, the ice was climbing up your blade and your hands were pulsing blue.

Your powers were controllable most of the time but it was a great deal harder to control yourself when you were nervous.

You quickly lay your sword down on the grass, allowing the warm moisture of the grass to melt the remaining ice.

Droplets formed on your weapon as you hear the battle slow.

"Does his highness need a respite?" Miraz asks a tired and sweaty looking Peter Pevensie.

"Five minutes?" Peter asks, his voice was a little shaky.

"Three." Miraz spits, turning away from the high king and returning to his men.

Peter hobbled over, looking directly behind you.

You spin your head around to see Susan and Caspian dismounting a horse and walking to meet him.

"Lucy?" Was the only thing that Peter could manage to say he was that tired and injured.

"She got through." Susan says seriously before looking to Caspian, "With a little help."

"Thanks." Peter practically whispered to the Prince.

"Well," Caspian smiles a little, "You were busy."

"You better get up there." Peter instructs Susan, pointing at the rest of the archers, "Just in case."

Susan looks to you and then looks to your sword on the floor.

"I don't expect the Telmarines will keep their word." Peter continues, staring at his sister.

She pulled him into a hug, quickly apologising when he grunted in pain.

"Be careful." She says, not quite meeting his eye contact.

You watched Edmund's gaze linger back at the Narnians who were looking uncomfortable to say the least.

"Keep smiling." Edmund muttered to his brother.

In response, Peter raised his sword to the Narnians, a proud grin illuminating his face even though it was probably fake.

Still, the Narnian soldiers bought it, letting out another ripple of applause.

The Telmarines didn't seem to have changed, they just looked as gloomy as ever. However, the king looked anxious. He seemed to be whispering something to his general who was tying his bandage.

You watch the Telmarines closely as Caspian and Edmund tend to Peter.

"What do you think happens back home," You hear Peter's voice, "If you die here."

You didn't really want to know the answer to that question and neither did Edmund. He looked horrified.

"You've always been there and I've never really-" Peter flinches mid sentence as Edmund relocates his joint.

"Save it for later." Edmund says, tapping his brother's back.

And just like that, Peter walked straight back into the fight.

After all those injuries he knew he had to defeat his opponent. For Narnia.

Now that was courage you had to admire