14: heart death

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

"What a surprise."

--

QUIET LOVE, HOLDING LIKE IT WAS THE LAST TIME, Caitlyn and Y/n finally helped Violet. It was an emotional rollercoaster since the kiss they shared a few days ago was implanted into their brains. It was obvious to the point Caitlyn had to say something, having it blown off by Violet.

Apart from being grateful that the team was back, Caitlyn needed to go. Farewells were given, and then the leftovers had to go home. Y/n informed the pink-haired ex prisoner that they had to live with Sevika for a bit. Just so they can stay somewhere to keep their feet steady.

Now Vi and Y/n are left walking through the streets of The City of Zaun, a nice ring comes to that name if Y/n had to credit Silco. The streets were running with enforcers, people were thrown out of their homes, shops etc.

Vi had her hood up and Y/n used her hair to cover the sides of her face. As they started walking, a man ran up to Y/n in panic. He shook her shoulders harshly, pain flaring up from the grip. It was like fire licking her body.

"You need to hide! Tell Sevika, she's not safe," the man shuddered before getting tackled down by an enforcer.

His eyes turned purple and pink from the impact of the ground. His face faced the two girls.

"Cryren?" Y/n whimpered, realizing who was shaking her just a minute ago.

She suddenly grabbed Vi's hand and started sprinting away, running to the closest alleyway. Y/n could hear the man that was referred to as 'Cryren' screaming, begging for help, until a gun shot echoes through the dense air.

Still running, Y/n tried to stop hearing the repeated cries from Cryren. He was Sevika's nephew, grown up without a mother and father. It was just when Y/n turned 19 years old, she met him arguing with Sevika. He had the same birthday as Y/n, and he was 31 years of age at the time.

"Y/n! You need to focus!" Vi demanded with fear.

Y/n not realizing she slowed down, she began running faster. The Ruthel started building up into her veins, her black veins started popping out her back and neck as she started gushing.

Her mind went blank throughout the whole run. It was when they reached Sevika and Y/n's place, Y/n begins to regain memory.

Panting and begging for air, the pair took a breather. Enforcers following them or not, they had to run before it was too late.