WTSF-05

Who is that woman with Edward?

Was she his girlfriend or his secretary?

Kanina pa actually napansin ni Adam ang babae nang tumayo ito habang naglalakad siya papunta sa unahan para magsalita. Initially, he got angry coz' one of his employees did not respect him by leaving the hall while he's on his way for a speech.

But he saw her putting her phone on her ear and was intently listening to someone.

It's in his character to study people via their faces and it seemed to him she was worried.

He got distracted with her face, his supposed five-minute speech was cut into two. Ewan na lang niya kung nahalata ng mga empleyado niya that for the first time, he lost his concentration because of someone. Either that or takot lang mga tao niyang punahin siya.

Adam feels he's being respected by his people not because he deserves it but because they are afraid of him. He has a reputation of being tough on job, never accept mistakes nor excuses. Everybody knows he does not like people who lie or cheat. Many instances his employees saw the result of what he did to those people who betrayed him. Hindi man nakukulong ang mga ito pero parang mas mabuti pa kung iyon na lang ginawa niyang parusa.

Mula pa noon mahirap na para sa kanya ang magtiwala sa tao dahil sa murang edad, naranasan na niya ang magmahal at magtiwala pero iniwan din pala sa bandang huli. Kung sino pa yun inaakala niyang makakasama niya, at mag-aalaga sa kanya, siya pang kauna-unahang taong nanakit sa kanya.

Magmula noon, isinarado na niya ang puso niya para magmahal. "Once bitten, twice shy" ang prinsipyo niya sa buhay. At prinsipyo din niya ang hindi lumalapit sa tao. He did it once that he almost begged that person to accept his gift, accept him, but she only threw his gift in front of him just like she threw him to his grandparents from his father's side.

His father died early due to heart attack. His mother didn't care for his father nor for him that she gave him away to his grandparents.

After she rejected him many times, the worst during Christmas, he stopped loving his mother and guarded his heart against anyone. He allowed no one to affect him except his grandparents and some friends. But in general, he's as unemotional as any non living thing.

His curiosity was piqued by her. As soon as he finished his speech, he went out to search for the woman and when he's about to approach her, he heard her talking to someone, and it's quite serious. It would be rude of him kung pakikinggan niya ang usapan nito kaya lumayo na lang muna siya, waiting for her to finish her call. Just then, someone called his attention at hindi na siya nakaiwas sa kausap. Nang matapos naman siya sa pakikipag-usap, nawala na ang babae sa paningin niya.

He went back inside and found her sitting beside Edward. She was probably his secretary as there was no one else sitting with them, but why they look so cozy?

Are they really boss and secretary or was there more to it than meets the eye? His bestfriend was so enamored with her beauty he already looked stupid.

At ano ang tawag sa kanya, kung ganun? He also looks stupid following her and losing concentration just because of her. Never in his life was he this curious with a woman. And never will he approach someone in the opposite sex the way he wanted to eagerly approach her.

But if he does that, he would not only break one rule. He would also violate that silent pack he has with Edward with regard to women. Walang sulutan ng girlfriend nang may girlfriend, including ex-girlfriends. And it looks like that woman already belonged to Edward kahit pa sinabi nitong binasted na siya ng babae. The way his bestfriend looks at her, hindi na niya ito pwedeng "pakialaman".