1 Optimistic Girl

Part 1 Optimistic Girl

Arnav came back to India from Canada after earning money to start his own company. He was an easy-going guy. He adopts everything easily... Get attached to anyone quickly. It doesn't mean he trusts everyone. Nope... he won't...

He likes optimistic people. He believed that being surrounded by optimistic people will keep him energetic. He hates people with negative thoughts. He keeps such persons far away from him.

He was an eligible bachelor who had no one except a few friends. Yes, he has NO ONE because he was an orphan. He doesn't know anything about his parents. He was brought up in an orphanage. He was sent out of the orphanage when he became nineteen years old. He completed computer engineering in scholarship. He worked part-time for his educational expenses. A software company was his dream. It needs money to start a new company. So, he went to Canada to earn money. At first, he got a job in a small company with decent pay. After six months, he was recruited by a big company with good pay that was four times better than the previous one. That job helped him to earn money and led him to his dream project... OWN SOFTWARE COMPANY.

Here, he was ready to start his own company. But, he was not ready to start a NEW company. He doesn't want to waste time. So, he decided to buy a small company and was planning to develop it.

As he planned, after a long search, he found a company that was up to his expectation. He started the process by the company. He got to know the company was at a loss. That's why the old owner of the company wanted to sell it. Arnav didn't care about it because he believed in himself. He was a self-reliant guy... He believed in him that he could lift up the company. Only one issue confused him... It was about the old staff of the company. Though he decided to buy an old company he could not conclude about the old company's staff whether he should continue with the old staff or should recruit new staff. No matter how hard he tried, he didn't get a solution. How much he analyzed the issue, he found advantages and disadvantages equally.

Arnav was in a simple restaurant as he felt hungry. Yes, he goes to the SIMPLE restaurants too. As he knew the value of money, he won't waste it unwantedly. Ordering the food, he waited, thinking about the staff issue. The food arrived and he started eating.

That's when he heard a girl laughing from the table behind him. She was talking on the phone it seems.

"Why are you laughing?" her friend on the other side asked.

"is it wrong to laugh or what...?" The girl asked.

"I can't understand how you could be laughing in the terrible situation" she sounded sad.

"Assure me, my situation will change if I cry or if I'm upset... I will surely try to be sad" the girl said laughing again.

"I heard your company is going to be shutting down." The girl on the other said asked feeling helpless.

"yes... my company is getting, shutting down..." she said sighing.

"Don't you feel bad for losing your job...?"

"So what if I lose the job? Won't I get another one? Is this the only job on the earth or what?" the girl back questioned her friend.

"I always wonder how you turned into an optimistic girl" the friend on the other side said.

"Do I have any other choice?" she questioned.

There was silence on the other side.

"Leave it... we don't know which is our last day on the Earth... Then, what's the point to be feeling sad? Just be happy and enjoy life" she smiled.