40 Loved to be Loved

Part 40 Loved to be Loved...

Arnav controlled his smile, seeing Khushi's horrified expression.

"I too want a sister to play, Dad" Abhi pinched Arnav's chin cutely.

Arnav became serious.

"Beta, there are some things that WE can't decide"

"WE mean?" Abhi asked frowning.

"Boys... Boys are incapable to make decisions on some important issues. This is one among them because it depends on only girls" Arnav said making a sad face.

Khushi widened her eyes, seeing him escaping from answering Abhi's question.

"Why Dad?" he twisted his lip.

"You can't understand it because you are a small kid" Arnav caressed his hair.

"I'm not a kid" Came from the big guy.

"Ok... You are a big guy... Yet, you can't understand..."

"If it's a girl thing, mom can make the decision right?" Abhi asked thoughtfully.

"Wow, you are really a big guy. How beautifully you caught the right point..." Arnav smiled.

Abhi looked in the direction where Khushi was standing but he didn't find her there. He looked here and there. Arnav smiled not finding Khushi. She should have run from there to save herself from Abhi's demand.

Abhi searched for Khushi and found her in the kitchen. She was boiling milk to prepare coffee for Arnav as if she was not related to their talks. Abhi rushed to her.

"Mom..."

Cutting him,

"Wait, Abhi, I'm a little busy. Dad has to go to the office. Let me prepare coffee for him. We will talk after sending him to the office. Ok?" She said while preparing coffee.

"Ok..." He said sadly.

"Go and change your uniform first. This is your first day with Dad. What will dad think if you roam with a dirty uniform, without minding about changing it? Don't you want him to appreciate you?" She asked pouring coffee into a cup.

Abhi nodded yes and rushed to the room without any second thought. When it comes to getting appreciation from Arnav, Abhi was not ready to compromise because Arnav was important to him.

Khushi turned taking the cup and saw Arnav standing leaning on the wall with a slight smirk. She got stuck for a few seconds. That was the first time, she saw his smirk. It was something that highly disturbed her. Arnav usually looked striking. His smirk added extra loveliness to him that tried to strike Khushi. She composed herself and came to him, without taking her eyes from his face. She wanted to get used to his LOOKs and SMIRKs. She didn't want to get weak by his charms. But, her constant gaze shook Arnav as he was not strong like Khushi who was in love with her head over heel. Arnav was stunned, seeing her mental strength.

Khushi extended the coffee cup to him with a slight smile.

"I don't know how smart you are..." He smiled. He said about how smartly she handled Abhi.

But Khushi thought he was talking about her steady mind.

"Knowing to handle people around us is important. Is not it?" She asked without any attitude.

"It seems you will find out the right way to handle me too?"

"Handle you? Then about whom you are talking now?"

Arnav got stuck. He stopped drinking coffee and looked at her.

"I talked about how you handled Abhi"

Now, Khushi got stuck.