9 Arnav is IN

Part 9 Arnav is IN

In the meanwhile,

"Poor girl," Shushma said feeling sad for Khushi.

"Yes... You always feel bad for being an orphan. But, you have the freedom to decide what you want. You can make decisions in your life. You are ready to go to the UK as you wished. But, Khushi...? She has parents... She has goodwill in society, yet she is not happy. She is left washed up... Compared to her, being an orphan is much better." Doctor Preeto said.

"You are right, Doctor. She has to live her life with someone and has to carry another one's child which she is not fine with" Sushma said.

That's when someone knocked on the door.

"Come in," Doctor Preeto said.

A nurse came in opening the door.

"Shushma sister, your friend is here to meet you"

Shushma frowned.

"Who is that?"

"Go and see who is that," Preeto said.

"Excuse me, doctor" Sushma came out.

She smiled at her friend who came to the hospital to meet her.

"Arnav... You here?" Sushma said maintaining the same smile.

"How won't I come to meet you if you leave India?"

"I expected this"

"When will you have to leave?"

"In two days..."

"Anyhow, your dream of going to the UK is coming true"

"Yes... What about your dream of a software company?"

"Don't ask me about it" Arnav said wearily.

"Why are you talking with disappointment?"

"I need one and a half lakhs to go to Canada. From where could I get the huge amount? Who will give money without any surety to an orphan like me? That too for going abroad?"

"Didn't you try for money?"

"I tried my level best... I have asked all our friends who brought up us in the home. But nothing worked"

"What are you going to do?"

"What can I do? I have to be in India... I think my dream will always remain a dream... ( he sighed) helpless like me should not dream big... Is it?"

"I can help you..."

"You? But, you have already spent your savings to get the abroad chance..."

"I'm not going to give you money but going to tell you a way to get money"

"What way?"

"You can get money in one payment if you agree to me"

"What do you want me to do?" He asked, reading her face keenly.

"Sperm donation"

"What...?" He frowned.

"You know this is a fertility hospital. A rich family needs a healthy and intelligent child"

"So?"

"Their son is impotent... They are searching for someone who is healthy, brilliant, and talented. If you are ready, I will recommend you"

"Me? No no... I don't think I can do it"

"But, why, Arnav?"

"Don't you feel it's hard for me? We are orphans. My child is my treasure. How could I give him/her to someone? Is not my child my property...? My feelings? My emotions?"