29 Family

Part 29 Family

After spending his valuable time with Abhi, Arnav said,

"Abhi, let's go somewhere..."

"Are we going outing?" he asked elatedly.

"Yeah..."

"Ohhh hoooo... Let's go" he got ready.

Arnav took Abhi to a coffee shop. Abhi frowned.

"Dad... I don't like coffee. Mom, won't give me a coffee" he said hurriedly.

"But, you like this kind of coffee... Come" Arnav joined his hand with Abhi's and walked in.

"What kind of coffee is available here?"

"These do not taste like coffee but differently..."

Abhi looked at him confused. He could not come to the conclusion about what different coffees could have. Yet, he waited. Arnav ordered.

"Two, Caffe mocha"

The bearer nodded ok and left the place.

"Won't you drink coffee?" Arnav asked.

"No... Milk and milkshakes... That's all" Abhi answered.

"If there is anything that your mother restricts you from eating, tell me."

"Why Dad.?"

"I don't want to get scolded..." He smiled.

"You too are scared of mom?"

"What does that mean YOU TOO?"

"I watched many movies. Husbands are scared of their wives... but I thought you won't scare of Mom" he said seriously.

"Why did you think so?" Arnav smiled.

"It's because you fought with her before getting separated from her. People won't fight with the person with whom they are scared of"

"Yeah... You are right. I think I should get scared of your mother from here on. So that we won't get separated again" he chuckled.

"Thanks, Dad..." he said happily

Caffe Mocha arrived. Arnav gestured him to have. Abhi tasted it. His facial expression changed.

"Mmmm... It's good"

Arnav smiled leaning on the chair. That's when they heard someone calling,

"Abhi..."

Abhi and Arnav looked in the direction and saw Preeto standing with a surprised expression and also with a shopping bag.

"Massiiiii...." Abhi rushed to her and hugged her.

Preeto caressed his hair.

"You here?" She asked looking at Arnav as if she didn't know Arnav.

She thought Arnav would have brought Abhi to the coffee shop as usual. But, Abhi's next stance made her eyes wider.

"Dad brought me here"

"Dad?" She mumbled.

Abhi dragged her to the table at which Arnav was sitting.

"He is my Dad... Dad, she is Preeto Massi"

"Hi..." Arnav said.

Preeto stood, could not understand anything. How did Abhi call Arnav Dad? Did Arnav tell him the truth? What about Khushi?

"Is he your Dad?" Preeto asked.

"Yes, maasi, he and mom fought with each other and got separated. He went to Canada because he didn't know about me at that time. When he came back to India to search for mom, she was not at the address. So, he went back to Canada again. Today, he found mom and me." He smiled whereas Preeto was standing like a statue.