34 Relationship

Part 34 Relationship

Khushi was getting ready for the temple thinking about Abhi and his plea. She remembered what Preeto said. She wanted Khushi to be in saree in the temple. She was supposed to remove a black designer saree from the cupboard, but she stopped. She remembered that BLACK should not be worn to an auspicious place like a temple. She didn't have many sarees. She always preferred suits as she felt pretty comfortable in them.

She grabbed a RED saree with gold jari work and draped it. Preeto gifted her the saree for her birthday. She looked at her reflection in the mirror. The thin chain on her neck didn't look apt to the saree. Removing the chain from her neck, she wore a necklace with matching eardrops. She admired herself for a while forgetting herself. She almost stopped doing adornment as she lost interest in it. But that day, she did that for Preeto. She will feel happy seeing her for sure.

She turned to leave and stopped thinking about something. Didn't Arnav say, RED was his favorite color when she went to his house searching for Abhi? Suddenly, she got panic remembering their swimming pool encounter. That day also she was wearing a red plain saree. She got stuck as she didn't know whether she should be in a red saree or should remove it.

That's when Abhi knocked on the door, shouting,

"Mom... Come fast"

Khushi opened the door to ask him to wait for a while. Abhi got awe-struck.

"Woooow... Mom, you are looking so pretty today"

Khushi smiled mildly. She sensed his mood back.

"Really? I thought to change this saree... "

"Why Mom? You are looking like an Angel..."

Khushi chuckled.

"But, I have no wings..."she said seriously, waving her saree pallu.

"Mom, please don't remove it..." he pleaded.

Before Khushi countered again, they heard a calling bell sound.

"Go and open the door," Khushi said.

"No... I won't... If I go, you will go to your room and will change the saree" Abhi said spreading his hand, blocking the way to her room.

Khushi nodded no smilingly and opened the door. The man at the doorstep got mesmerized seeing his love lady so gorgeous in his favorite color. Khushi stumbled, seeing his penetrating gaze on her.

Abhi rushed to Arnav shouting,

"Daaaadddd...."

Abhi's voice brought Arnav to reality.

"Mom, shall we ask dad about your saree?" Abhi asked

Khushi was dumbfounded whereas Arnav was curious to know what they were going to ask him about the saree.

"Dad, is not Mom looking like an Angle in this saree?"

Arnav's lips curved into a cute smile and his eyes ran back to Khushi.

"Tell us, Dad... Mom is not accepting it. She wants to change the saree. Tell her she looks beautiful." Abhi demanded.

A sudden restlessness raised in Arnav's mind. He didn't want Khushi to change the saree.

"Tell us, Dad," Abhi asked Arnav again.

"Beautiful... Excellent... Fantastic..." Said Arnav.

"Didn't I say you are looking like an angel?" Abhi spilled a winning smile.