10 Parents

Part 10 Parents

Khushi was left alone. She felt dejected. She didn't know what to do. She was sure that her parents won't support her as they stand for her in-laws. She couldn't believe that her parents are not understanding her feelings. This is not all about sex. But these people connect the dots with only sex.

She didn't like the process of carrying someone's child. She didn't want to give the credit to her husband who didn't deserve it. She was irritated. She has to carry a child to save her husband's respect for the man who doesn't even know to respect a woman. She didn't like this life. She didn't like anything. But she had no choice. Neither she could go to her mother's place nor could she deny the plan of these cunning people. She had to carry the child or she should die. But... why should she die? What's wrong she did? But what can she do? She just completed her twelfth standard. Where could she go? Is it easy to live all alone in this world at this young age? She knew nothing. She didn't have the courage to live alone. She was brought up like that. she belongs to a conservative family. She was not taught to stand alone. She felt helpless.

Of course, she wanted to give birth to a child but not this way. She has to carry someone's child for someone. She knew her husband is not the father of the child. Yet, she has to give his initial to the child. What a bloody life is this? she cried. No one disturbed her for the whole day. They let her think.

The next day

Khushi saw Shilpa coming.

"What are you going to do now? Your parents understood us. You have no choice. Accept the reality"

Khushi was silent. She didn't like to talk to this woman.

"I am taking your silence as yes. Just now we got a call from the hospital. They got an eligible Donor. Get yourself ready to get pregnant" Shilpa left the room.

The process started. Aditya's family checked the donor's school and college certificates whether he is healthy, talented, and brilliant. They were satisfied with Arnav's performances so far. They were very much satisfied knowing that the donor was leaving India and going to settle down in Canada. They asked the doctor to start the test tube baby process.

For donating sperm, Arnav got one and a half lakhs. He had an agreement with the hospital that he should keep the secret forever. As Sushma already told him about the agreement, he got ready to keep the secret. The very next week he went to Canada whereas Sushma went to the UK. Though Arnav went to Canada he could not forget his unseen CHILD.

Arnav and Khushi's baby was growing in the test tube. On the other side, Aditya's family makes Khushi fit to carry the child. After three months of healthy growth, the baby was kept in her womb. Yes, Khushi was ready. She made up herself ready to be a good mother to the child. She decided to dedicate her life to the child. She started ignoring Aditya and his family. She stopped mingling with them. According to them, she acted like a robot. They just wanted a machine to deliver a child, right? That's what she was doing. She even stopped talking with her parents... no matter how hard they tried to console her. Aditya's family got fed up seeing her rigid. They didn't expect this kind of reaction from Khushi. They thought she would accept the reality. But they struggled to accept her change.

Fertility Centre

Khushi was taken to the hospital for a checkup. Doctor Preeto was the one who was following her up.

" How are you Khushi?"

" I am fine didi"

"No Didi... You can call me Preeto..."

"Why?"

"Don't know why I like you very much" Preeto smiled.

"I can't believe there is someone who could like me," Khushi said with a painful smile.

"Don't be dejected Khushi... When you got to know very well about your life, just try to accept it"

"What do you want me to accept? I know very well the child is not my husband's... My child's father is someone. Then why the hell I should give the credit to my husband? A man who does not deserve to call a good husband cannot be a good father. Why should he want to be a father when he could not be a good husband? I don't like anything... I feel guilty to carry someone's child instead of my husband's. I hate all of them..."

"Do you hate your child too?"

"No... He is not my husband's child but I am the one who is carrying him... He is growing with my blood and flesh...he is my child"

"Relax, Khushi. Don't stress yourself..." Dr. Preeto insisted.

"I know stressing myself won't help me in any way"

"It will affect you and the baby..."

Khushi nodded yes...

"Come to the check-up regularly."

Khushi nodded ok.

Khushi gave a tough time to her in-laws. They tried hard to get her into their control that never happened. She stayed like an island.

It was Khushi's ninth month. Aditya and his family were waiting for Khushi's due date. Aditya wanted the world to know about his fatherhood. He arranged for Khushi's baby shower. People who attended the function wished and blessed Aditya. Aditya floated an extreme level of happiness and pride. That extreme level of happiness led him to a heart attack. He fell to the ground clutching his chest. Khushi stood, getting stuck. Aditya got treated but no use. He left the world, leaving Khushi without address.

As Aditya died, Aditya's family members didn't like to keep the child with them. Especially, Shilpa. She was not ready to share the property with the child who is not their hire. They decided to drop the child in an orphanage and make Khushi their servant. Khushi who got to know their plan didn't agree with them and fought with them. They threw her out of the house without even considering her ninth-month pregnancy.

Fortunately, Dr. Preeto came to meet Khushi as she missed her checkups due to her husband's demise. She took Khushi with her. The very next day Khushi delivered Abhimanyu to the same Hospital as the test tube baby process package included delivery charge also.

In the beginning, Dr. Preeto helped Khushi. Khushi learned basic computer course. She worked from home to take care of Abhimanyu. She completed her UG course also. When Abhimanyu started going to school, she started searching for a job and got a job in Macro software.

Khushi came out of the flashback and looked at Arnav who was driving the car thinking about the same flashback. Khushi sat straight. She didn't spill a single drop of tear. She was not ready to spill tears for anything. Her past struggles made her heart stony.

Arnav's part was different. He was thinking about his child. Don't know whether the child is HE or SHE, where is the child, whenever he thinks about it, he felt heaviness in his heart. He always searches for a child who has a similarity to him. Suddenly, he thought about Abhimanyu. Don't know why he always gets the flashes of the little boy. Maybe, his LOOKS matches with his. Arnav shrugged his thoughts off.

Abhimanyu's parents are not only traveling in the same car. They have started traveling in the same way recently. Don't know when and how they are going to know about one another. Let's see...

To be continued...