2 The Girl Again

Part 2 The girl again

Arnav was driving the car. He was going to meet the old owner of the company he bought as that day was the final settlement. He was driving the car, following the location shared by the old owner. When he entered the particular area, he saw a small boy rushing, looking behind, turning his head again and again fearfully. The boy looked so cute but why does he look scared? That's when Arnav saw a man following him.

Arnav wanted to help the boy immediately... he felt to protect the boy at any cost. He didn't know why. He stopped the car and blocked the man, getting down from the car. The boy who was running saw the scene and stopped running.

"Who are you? Why are you chasing the boy? Arnav asked.

"Sir, it's none of your business... he is my relative. We are just playing" the man said.

"No, sir... he is lying" came a soft voice from behind Arnav.

Arnav looked behind and found the same boy saying.

"Is he not your relative?" Arnav questioned the boy.

"No, sir. He is not my relative..." the boy said firmly.

"Why does he follow you?" Arnav asked.

"He is not a good man, Sir. He troubles my Mom a lot" the boy said angrily.

"shut up... you little creature..." The man tried to reach the boy.

Arnav clutched his caller and looked at the man loath fully.

"Don't you have shame? A little boy is complaining about you... and you are trying to show your arm power on him..." Arnav said gritting his teeth.

"Why are you losing your temper, sir? Who the boy is for you? I have been following him for many days... no one dared question me ever before..."

"So? So what if anyone questioned you ever before? I do... I will definitely do. I will call the police if you do it again" he warned.

The man shrugged his hands off and walked away.

"thank you, sir..." The boy said.

"Mention not. What's your name? Where are you going?" Arnav questioned him.

"My name is Abimanyu. I went to play with my friends as today is a holiday. No, I'm going back to my home" he said.

"Shall I drop you home, Abimanyu?" Arnav asked with concern.

"No, thank you, sir" he dined that wondered Arnav.

"Who is the man? Why did he follow you?"

"He is not a good man, sir. He follows my mother too..." he said annoyingly.

"Don't your Dad know about him?" Arnav asked.

"My Dad is not with us..." he said in a feeble tone.

"Oh... is he working somewhere away from Delhi?" Arnav asked him another question.

He nodded no.

"Sorry, sir... my mom scolds me if I say anything about my dad to anyone. She is very strict..." he said feeling sad.

"Your Mom must be right somehow. You should obey her words... at least you have Mom..."

"Don't you have?" Abimanyu asked.

Arnav nodded no.

"Are not they alive?"

"Don't know whether they are alive or not" Arnav never liked to talk about his parents. He doesn't know why he was talking about them to the little boy.