32 Father and Mother

Part 32 Father and Mother

Khushi woke up from sleep. She stretched her body and saw the other side of the bed empty. She switched her gaze to the washroom and its door was opened. Getting down from the bed she called,

"Abhi..." While heading to the living room.

As she didn't find Abhi in the living room, she rushed out and found the main door open. She was horrified as she remembered what Preeto said. She searched for her mobile and saw it on the bed. She kept it there last night after talking to Preeto.

Taking her mobile, she opened it pressing her thumbprint on the sensors. She saw the message notification. It was from Arnav. She opened it.

*DON'T PANIC. ABHI CAME TO MY PLACE. HE IS WITH ME*

Arnav's message made her panic. Of course, she was happy because Abhi was safe. She was panicked because he was with Arnav. According to Preeto's deal, she had to say yes to marry Arnav.

Khushi looked at the clock. It was 7'o clock. She didn't know whether she should go to Arnav's place to make Abhi ready for school or not. She was pacing here and there. Will Arnav make him ready for school? Or, were they going to bunk the school?

Taking her mobile, she dialled Arnav. He received it in the third ring.

"Haan, Khushi, Abhi is getting ready for the school. I'm preparing breakfast. I will send him to school."

Before she asked anything, Arnav recited.

"Anything else Khushi?"

"Mmm... Nooo... Nothing"

"Ok..." He was about to cut the call,

"One minute..." Khushi stopped him thinking something.

"Yeah tell me"

"Abhi should go to school only in uniform"

"Yeah, he brought it... I pressed it too..."

Khushi was dumbfounded seeing Abhi so prepared.

"Thanks"

"Save your thanks... It will use in the future" Arnav smiled.

Khushi bit her lip.

"See you in the office, Bye" Arnav disconnected the call.

Khushi got ready for the office and left home. When she came to the office, Arnav hadn't reached her yet. She sensed all the staff's eyes were on her. She didn't know why. She smiled at Lavanya, who was gazing at her.

"What happened? Why are you looking at me like that?" Khushi asked.

Lavanya nodded no and went to her cubicle. Khushi frowned, like, what happened to her? She went to her cabin and started working.

After a few minutes, Sushma entered the office with her husband. Aman welcomed them and took them to Arnav's cabin as Arnav already informed him of their arrival.

To Sushma's surprise, Preeto came to Arnav's cabin with Karan within a few minutes. Sushma was thunderstruck seeing her. Preeto's expression was also not less than Sushma's.

"Preeto, you here?" She asked surprisingly.

"Shushma... You?" Preeto smiled.

"I came to meet my brother."

"Your brother and my would-be husband are friends" preeto smiled.

"Oh... That's nice"

"Do you know about your brother's son?" Preeto asked.

Sushma frowned.

"I'm talking about Khushi's son"

"Shhh... Don't shout... What if Arnav hears?" Sushma said in a low tone.

"So what if he hears?"

"No Preeto, he should not know about his son and all"

"Why?"

"He loves a girl. He wants to marry her. If he gets to know about Abhi, he won't marry the girl he loves"

"How do you know his son's name is Abhi?" Preeto wondered.

"We met them in a shopping mall"

"Ohh... Ok, how do you know Arnav loves someone?"

"Arnav himself told me."

"Oh... Who he loves?"

"His PA... Please Preeto, don't talk about Abhi and Khushi here. His PA may hear... She won't like to marry Arnav if she gets to know about sperm donation and all, especially about Abhi..."

"I don't think she will do that.." Preeto said suppressing her smile.

"Why? How could you say that?"

"Because the girl is none other than Khushi... Arnav's son, Abhi's mother."

"Whaaaaat...?" Sushma wondered.

"Yes... Arnav loves his son's mother"

"What about Khushi? Does she love him?"

"Not yet... But today, her hide and seek will get end"

Sushma looked at her could not understand.

"You will understand in a few minutes" Preeto smiled.

That's when Arnav entered like a storm. He smiled at Sushma and was bewildered seeing Karan and Preeto.

"Hi, guys, what a surprise...! Everyone is in my cabin..." Arnav said.

"Not everyone... An important person is missing" Karan said.

Arnav rolled his eyes.

"How is Abhi?" Preeto asked him intentionally.

"Yeah, he is fine"

"Did you meet him?" Karan asked.

"Don't ask me about it. He came to my place today morning with his school bag and uniform" Arnav said proudly.

"I would like to meet Khushi," Preeto said.

"Do you want me to call her?" Arnav asked.

"Let me call her... But, I'm sure she won't pick up my call" Preeto said smiling.

"Why?" Arnav asked.

Karan and Preeto smiled at each other. Preeto called Khushi. As Preeto said, Khushi didn't attend the call.

"You can call her now," Preeto said.

Taking the intercom, Arnav called Khushi.

"Good morning sir..."

"We already spoke today morning..." Arnav smiled.

"Oh... I forgot to wish you in..."

Cutting her,

"Abhi's tension?"

"Mmm..."

"Ok, come to my cabin, Khushi"

"Yes, sir"

Disconnecting the call, she came to his cabin and stuck seeing very important people in her life. Preeto smiled at her teasingly.

"Hi..." Everyone greeted Khushi.

She smiled awkwardly.

"By the way, what's the result of our deal, Khushi?" Preeto asked.

Khushi gulped down hard, looking down.

"What deal Preeto?" Karan asked as if he didn't know about it.

"Haan... What's the deal? Is it secret?" Sushma asked.

"No no... It can't be secret." Preeto said.

As Khushi didn't answer,

"Arnav, did you meet Abhi today?" Preeto asked again which made Arnav confused. Didn't he say Abhi was with him?

"Yeah, I met him"

"Where?"

"He came to my place," Arnav said.

"Why?" Preeto asked looking at Khushi.

"Last night I left him alone. So, he came to my place"

"Oh... Then what happened?"

"I prepared breakfast for him and made him ready for the school. He introduced me to his friends when I sent him by the school bus"

"Oh... So, he came to your place?"

"Yeah..."

Preeto looked at Khushi who stood silently.

"Will you look after Khushi if you marry her?" Preeto asked which made everyone dumbfounded.

Arnav gulped down.

"Some issues can't be proved through words. It needs a lifetime to prove. She will get to know that if she gives me a chance. Abhi needs both of us. I wish she understands that" Arnav said.

Preeto nodded yes.

" We came to invite you for our kuldevi pooja ritual. We will be waiting for you and Khushi in the temple." Preeto turned towards Sushma.

"You and your husband are also invited..."

"When is the ritual?"

"Today evening 6'o clock "

"Oh... A drawing competition is going to be held in our area. Abhi is participating in it. I can't come" Khushi said.

"Drop Abhi in the venue and come. The ritual will get completed within an hour. Then you can pick up Abhi" Preeto said.

Khushi was silent.

"Arnav please pick Khushi"

Arnav looked at her expecting her to say something but she didn't.

"We will come," Arnav said.

Preeto looked at Khushi. She nodded ok.

To be continued...