7 Reason of the present

Part 7 Reason of the Present

Khushi became thoughtful. Amit said Arnav protected Abhimanyu. How? When? Why did Abhi say nothing about it to her? Abhi never hides anything from her. Why now? What's the reason? How do Abhi and Arnav know each other? Or was their meeting a coincidence? There were a lot of questions that whirled in Khushi's mind. She decided to talk to Abhi in the evening.

Evening

Khushi came home. Abhi was doing his homework as usual. He rushed to Khushi when she entered home using a spare key.

"Hi, Mom" Abhi smiled.

"Hi, baby..." She sat on the couch.

Abhi bring a glass of water and gave it to Khushi. Khushi took it from him with a smile.

"Thank you, baby..."

"Don't call me baby, mom. Please " Abhi said making a weird face.

"You are always a baby to me"

"I'm not a kid mom... I am studying in the second standard"

"Feeling yourself a big boy, have you started hiding things from me?" Khushi asked him and drank the water.

"Me? Mom, I don't hide anything from you... Don't you know me? I don't get sleep if I hide anything from you..." Abhi said seriously.

"Is it? Amit came to my office today" she said reading his face.

Abhi went speechless.

"What happened Abhi?"

Abhi looked down.

"You are a good boy... mom's boy... But, you have stated hiding things from me recently... Why Abhi? Do you think I won't get to know if you hide it from me?"

"No, Mom..." Abhi said hurriedly.

"Then what? How can I take it?"

"I thought you will feel bad. I don't want you to be sad... I don't want to make you sad..." she said like a big guy.

"Abhi, you are still a kid. If you hide things from me, it may cause trouble for us. We have no one to support us. We should be careful in every direction. You have the responsibility to make me cautious. You should not hide anything from me... Understand?"

Abhi nodded ok.

"I'm sorry, mom. I promise, I won't hide anything from you anymore," he said feeling sad.

"It's ok... but don't forget my words ever. Ok?"

"Ok... are you angry with me?"

"No, baby... I'm not"

"You know mom I hate that Amit..." He said angrily.

"We should not talk about anyone with disrespect..." Khushi advised him.

"He is a bad man... "

"But you are not... You are a good boy. You are being judged by the word you speak"

"Mmm," he pouted.

"You said you won't hide anything from me..."

"Yes, I don't hide anything from you"

"You have not said yet, what happened that day..."

"Amit uncle blocked my way and asked about you. I didn't like to talk to him. So, I walked away. Clutching my hand tightly, he forced me to answer his questions. Khushi gulped down) I bit his hand and ran away. He chased me." Abhi stopped.