30 Adamant Abhi

Part 30 Adamant Abhi

Arnav ate dinner silently yet delightedly. It was Abhi who was talking non-stop. He was continuously asking questions to both Arnav and Khushi.

"Dad, do you like aloo-poori?" Abhi asked.

"Very much... I have never eaten such a dinner in my life..." he said painfully. Khushi understood in what sense he said that.

*Don't know why it hurts whenever he talks about his helpless condition* she thought.

"Why so, Dad?" Abhi asked innocently.

"I never had dinner with family setup..."

Cutting him,

"If it is the condition, this is the best dinner for me too because I too never had dinner with family setup," Abhi said making them speechless.

Arnav and Khushi could not resist sparing a glance at each other.

"Dad, will you come here every day to have dinner with us?" Abhi asked.

"I will surely come if time permits..."

"Why can't you, Dad?"

"I have to go to the office, right?"

"Mmm..." Abhi pouted cutely.

Arnav caressed his hire smilingly.

"Dad, when will you take us to our house?" he pleaded.

Arnav looked at Khushi who switched her gaze to him and immediately changed it again embarrassingly. she thought Arnav would say, 'it's up to your mom', but,

"Very soon, you will be at my place, Abhi. I and Mom will discuss it and will take you to our house" He said making Khushi wonder.

"Mom will also come with us, right?"

"Of course, she will come with us. Without her, we won't be completed" Arnav said without looking at Khushi but he knew her gaze was on him.

Finishing dinner, Arnav waited for Abhi to finish. Both of them went to wash their hands. Arnav pulled Abhi's hand gently and washed it, making Abhi smile.

"Why are you smiling?"

"Mom also does the same..." he giggled.

Arnav raised his brows wondering.

"Ok, Abhi... I'm taking your leave"

"Why Dad? Please don't go... stay with us" he demanded making them awkward.

"I told you we will be together soon"

"It was about our house... today, stay here..."

"I have to go, Abhi"

That's when they heard a knock on the door. Khushi got stuck. Who came to their house at this time? she opened the door and saw a girl who was Abhi's bus mate standing.

"Kiran? What happened?" Khushi asked.

"Aunty, has Abhi's Dad come?" she asked entering in, looking here and there.

"Hi, Didi..." Abhi smiled at Kiran.

Kiran looked at Arnav with disbelief.

"Is he your Dad?"

"Haan... he is my dad"

"Really?"

"Reallllyyyy"

"I can't believe this" she rushed to Arnav and sat beside him.