24 Friends...

Part 24 Friends...

Arnav turned around and found his college friend Karan standing. Arnav had very few friends. Karan was one among them. Though they were in touch they hardly spoke with each other as both were busy in foreign countries. They were in touch only through Emails. Arnav was delighted, seeing his friend in front of him, after a long time.

There was a girl standing with Karan with a bewildered expression, seeing Arnav. She was none other than Preeto and we already knew that. She was the one who was with Khushi, at the time of the test-tube baby process. We knew she had seen Arnav when he came to meet Sushma at the fertility clinic. It was obvious if Preeto was bewildered seeing Arnav because she knew the person who was the mother of HIS SON who was her friend now.

"Hey, how... are... you... man? " Arnav shouted in happiness.

After he came from Canada, Karan was the first friend he met. Karan hugged Arnav delightedly.

"I'm super fine and super happy meeting you..." Karan said.

"You here? When did you come from Singapore? "Arnav asked.

"Yup... just a week ago I came from Singapore."

"Didn't you feel calling me after coming to India?" Arnav asked rightfully. That surprised Preeto.

"My marriage got fixed. So, I'm here to get married. I wanted to meet you in person that's why I didn't call you but I didn't expect this surprise meet" Karan said.

"Wow... That's great... Congratulations..." Arnav shook hands with Karan.

"Thank you yaar..."

Karan looked behind.

"Preeto... come here..." he beckoned Preeto.

Preeto came close to him, all the way looking at Arnav surprisingly. She recognized who he was... Father of Abhimanyu... her friend Khushi's son.

"He is my friend... Arnav..." Karan introduced him to Preeto.

"Hi..." Arnav said.

Preeto nodded her head slightly.

"We are college mates," Karan said.

"Oh..."

"You are very lucky to have Karan as your husband. He is a nice guy..." Arnav said.

Preeto smiled awkwardly.

"By the way, when are you going to get married? " Karan asked Arnav.

Arnav got stuck for a few seconds. Preeto was observing his expression keenly.

"As of now, I have no idea about my marriage..." Arnav said.

"Why? " Preeto asked before Karan asked anything.

Arnav and Karan looked at her perplexed.

"I mean... your friend Karan is settling down in his life... why not you?" She asked pointing at Karan.

"I don't know what to say... by the way, visit my home before going back to Singapore..." Arnav said.

"I'm not going to go to Singapore..." Karan said.

"Oh... really? "

"Yup... "

"But why? "

"Preeto is a doctor... she is working in a good hospital... my and her parents don't want us to be separated after the marriage," Karan said.

"They are right..." Arnav said.

"You are invited to our marriage..." Karan said.

Arnav was about to say something,