Chapter 8-Lexi's story

LEXI POV

19 missed calls from Selena.

11 missed calls from Niall + 17 texts.

17 missed calls +3 texts from Millie.

8 texts from Eleanor.

5 missed calls +6 texts from Liam.

I clicked the delete button, not really wanting to open the texts and read the disappointment they had all sent me.

TO JAMES- James I'm sorry for everything. I miss u. I've really messed up...

FROM JAMES-Been awaiting your apology txt Sis. I miss you too. Whats wrong?

TO JAMES-Niall heard something I said. I didn't mean to tho James. I didn't mean to. I just wanna come home. x

FROM JAMES- Mum wants to see a change Sis. Start working or something. Look I gotta go to work. I'll talk to you soon. xx

I sighed as I entered my flat in London and flipped the light switch. Ugh. It was dirty. I collapsed onto the black leather couch. Wow I've really messed up this time. Mum issue wasn't a big deal...but it's not like I didn't love her. I didn't love my step dad, I didn't want him around. 

If my dad didn't cut me off I wouldn't be in this mess. If he didn't have Ashlyn I wouldn't be in this mess.

The good thing about having a flat in London is that some of my clothes are here, so there's no way I need to go back to Niall's.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I awoke to a loud knocking on my door. I stayed laying in bed hoping if I didn't move they wouldn't stay. But the loud noise carried on. I groaned. I stood up from my bed and walked towards to front door not really caring what I looked like. I opened the door to see flashing lights. "Allie how do you feel about your dad's sudden death?" "Whats going to happen to Carter music?" "Are you, as his only born, going to take over the business?" I raised my eyebrows in confusion. I quickly shut the door. I grabbed my computer and logged onto twitter.

@Luke_Brooks: @Alexis_Carter hey i know we haven't spoken in a while but my thoughts are with you. I'm sorry to hear about your dad. <3

@CarterMusic: Wow we are all very sad to say goodbye to Mr.Carter. RIP. 

@SonyMusic: We are very sad to say goodbye to an amazing person who worked with us many times. You will be dearly missed Mr.John Carter. #RIP

@TMZ: #RIP John Carter.

@PerezHilton: John Carter has died! About time I think.

@AlexisCarter: whats going on????!!!!!! :'(

I read through a few more tweets. Everyone saying my dad was dead...?

I grabbed my bag and opened the front door. Reporters still stood out. 

"How are you after your fathers sudden death Alexis?" "Lexi?" "Alexis?" Voices coming from every which way. I just wanted to scream there and then. I was so confused I didnt know what was going on.

"PLEASE LEAVE ME ALONE. STOP FILMING AND TAKING PICTURES! THIS IS WHERE I LIVE! PAPS STOOP SO LOW PLEASE LEAVE ME ALONE!" I yelled making not to say anything out of order. I ran down the hallway of my flat and ran down the stairs.

I ran all the way to Liam's house. This is when I could do with a nice friend like Liam and Millie. One that wont judge me at this time for my mistakes. I knocked on the door hard.