Chapter 88: Just a "Normal" Butler (Season 2 END)

A few weeks had passed since the Music Festival. The journalists and media continuously appeared at the Roseweiss house to interview Rera. Countless scouts and companies caught wind of OtherWorld and traveled to Mondstadt just to get a glimpse or rather another encore.

Was it a bad idea? No. Was it an annoying mess? Yes. Rera simply wanted to have fun but put her reputation at risk yet again.

During her time hiding from the press, her only mode of transportation was Loki. She still did her lessons with Zhongli and trained with Xiao, but Adventuring and talking to her friends was out of the question. She did not want to put them at risk either.

As time went on, the media stopped showing up at the Roseweiss house. They resorted to sending letters that filled their mailbox, all of which ended up being burnt to ashes. Rera had yet to make her debut into society, yet she attracted much attention. She wondered if this was the right choice.

"Your grace," A maid spoke, "a letter has-"

"Burn it." Rera sighed.

"As you wish."

"Man...I just wanted to sing...why does the media have to do this to me..." Rera grumbled in her head.

"Just announce that you aren't interested in signing up with any major companies. We can manage just fine on our own. Barbatos doesn't have a manager and he's doing fine." Loki spoke.

"That's great and all, but where do I even announce that? On a bulletin board? Or shout it atop the Anemo Archon's statue?"

"...Let's just stick to the bulletin board. No need to attract any unnecessary attention."

"..."

"You thinking what I'm thinking?"

"My lady...you-"

"C'mon! I need some air! I've hardly had time to get some! Can't I just go for a walk?"

"I guess...it should be fine...but use a disguise."

"Then let's go-!"

Hearing someone cough, Rera quickly turned her head to them. Standing right behind her...was Rufus. His hands were folded behind his back and his smile seemed rather...menacing.

"HOW THE HELL DID HE GET BEHIND ME?!"

"Your grace, I hope you weren't planning on leaving the house. You are aware of what might happen, yes?" Rufus spoke sternly.

"...Rufus. You cannot keep me here against my-"

"Your mother and father ordered me to watch over you until this mess disappears."

"It's been weeks. I'm sure the media is tired of not having any response."

"Even so. If you were to step out into public, then-"

"I can change my appearance you know."

"..."

"My apologies your grace, I cannot allow-"

"I'll get you some bread from the bakery."

"..."

"Including the bagels?"

"Including the bagels."

"..."

.

.

.

Walking along the streets of Mondstadt, Rera fiddled with her black hair. To ensure that the media would not come after her, she changed her appearance and wore a cloak. Rufus walked alongside her, but something was telling her that he was doing more than watching over her.