2: Mystery

(A/N: [F/N] means "fake name" not "first name"! Yes, the reader will have a fake name in the story, to make the plot juicier. :3 When appropriate I will add [Name] in the parts where people would use reader's first name, but until then, I shall use [F/N].)

He was walking around Ikebukuro again, humming an odd tune and skipping every now and then. It had been a few weeks since he had been researching about this "Assassin" but he hadn't found anything. He had a few suspects on who this "Assassin" could be; however all of them disappointed him to the greatest extend. A few newcomers had come to Ikebukuro for quite some time a month ago and Izaya had thought one of them could be the "Assassin", since the murderer was new in town; therefore it would be reasonable enough to suspect on a human who was also new. Izaya easily broke them and a large fraction of them committed suicide, and the rest left the city, panicked from the abilities of this strange informant. The "Assassin" still remained, killing people and the homicides shown on TV; thus none of those newcomers could've been Izaya's target. However, something else also caught Izaya's attention. The night before, it had been shown on the news that all the surveillance cameras of an apartment complex of Ikebukuro has suddenly stopped working for 12 hours, and when they came on, the corridors, doors and everything had corpses lying around and blood was smeared all over the walls and floors. There was no doubt to Izaya that the "Assassin" had done this and he was surprised that it had managed to disconnect the cameras so very cleverly.

"Whoever you are, you're very well hidden indeed," Izaya said to no one specifically. He looked up at the clear blue sky when he heard an abrupt, loud boom from a distance which alerted many others around him; however, this didn't scare him one bit, in fact, he just kept walking, staring at the sky as if he had heard nothing. "Probably Shizu-chan doing what he does best," he thought to himself, smirking, "He'll see me sooner or later and will start chasing me. I haven't really been mocking him much lately; this "Assassin" is much more interesting to me now than that beast. Normally, it doesn't take me much time to know of a new person or a murderer, but I fail to find out of who this "Assassin" could be," he then shouted towards the clouds, "This is why I love humans! They're so very interesting!" The people who had been sauntering nearby gave him strange looks like he was insane, which he probably was. He continued walking, lost in thought when he heard a husky and familiar voice shouting, "YOU!! COME BACK HERE YOU IDIOT!" Izaya turned around, seeing the bartender behind him holding a street sign and sighed, "He typically calls me 'flea.' What's with the new nickname? Anyways, I've been putting too much of my attention to the "Assassin" and it's unfair to the rest of my humans when I don't give them my attention as well!" Izaya planted a deceitful smirk on his face and waltzed towards Shizuo.

"Why hello there Shizu-chan, long time no see! Did you miss me? I certainly had missed having fun with you!" Izaya called out to the bartender while waving his arm like a little child. "SHUT UP FLEA! I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR YOU!" The bartender replied, surprising Izaya. Well that's new; Shizu-chan never said that to me before! Could it be that Shizu-chan is finally growing the patience of a human being? Very interesting... I guess I should add him to my list of beloved humans; however... he is mad at someone, but not me. Who could enrage Shizu-chan more than I can? Izaya gazed upon the confused Shizuo standing a few miles from him, who seemed to be looking for someone and began scratching his scalp. Eventually, he walked away to somewhere, leaving Izaya and the rest of the people (who had been watching Shizuo) perplexed. Everyone was thinking the same thing... Shizuo clearly saw Izaya. Why didn't he do anything? And who is he angry at? Many didn't care afterwards and continued minding their own businesses; Izaya on the other hand was already following Shizuo, hiding behind buildings to keep the bartender from seeing him and getting furious.

"Where are you!?" Shizuo grumbled a few times as he went through alleyways and out into streets. His grumbling was quite audible to Izaya, making the informant even more puzzled as to who Shizuo's target was. "I will find you! Then I'll throw a vending machine at you! [F/N]!!" Shizuo shouted to a brick wall next to him, and then punched the wall in frustration. (A/N: Remember, [F/N] means "fake name" not "first name".) [F/N].... I wonder who that is; I've never heard that name in this city before. How can Shizu-chan know of a person before I can? And what have this person done to anger Shizu-chan this much? Izaya was still leaning against the wall when Shizuo walked away searching, because now, Izaya wasn't interested to listen to the beast's ranting, now that he knew exactly who Shizuo was mad at.

A plan then formed in Izaya's head:

I could stalk Shizu-chan from a distance... I could use surveillance cameras to stalk him because well, if I stalked him within a close range, Dota-chin's annoying friend Erika-san would think I was up to something like she always does and I don't want to attract unneeded attention. I could stalk him just in case he found this person [F/N] and then I would know who they are... they? No... [F/N] clearly sounds like a girl's name. Shizu-chan has a girlfriend? Monsters can't have girlfriends, no, that's impossible. So anyways, I would stalk Shizuo and then find out who this girl is and how she associates with Shizu-chan... and then I'll break her.... Hmm.... [F/N]... I've never heard that name before; therefore she must be new in Ikebukuro... therefore...

Izaya looked up at the sky smirking, coming to a realization, "My new suspect; just another mere toy to play with. [F/N]... I will find you and then I'll break you. I'll find out who you really are and if you actually are the "Assassin" or not." He skipped back to Shinjuku, to his beloved home and his beloved computer. As he did so, he took out his flash drive with the label "A" on it and smirked at it. He skipped home happily, laughing insanely as he attracted eyes but didn't really seem to care. 

------------------

Please leave a vote and comment! – It helps me out a lot and encourages me to write further!