39: Confusion

"Last night I saw the strangest dream," [Name] said. The woman sitting to the opposite side of her table typed onto her laptop. "What did you see exactly, [Name]?" The woman asked. "Well... I was on a hill," [Name] started, "And I was holding a baby. And I was... naked... I think. And then this man came up to be and I think he was flirting with me... I don't remember." The woman took note of this on her laptop.

"[Name]," the woman said, "How come the Demon HQ doesn't seem to have any of your family details?"

"They don't?"

"The family detail your Demon ID Form is blank."

"I don't know about that," [Name] said, "I have a very complicated family though... I don't think my family detail is all that important."

"But it is important, [Name]. You are in line to being one of the most powerful demon-human beings alive. We need to know of your family."

"No... I don't want - "

"We'll give you weapons upgrades if you tell us."

Half an hour ago

[Name] jolted awake from her strange dream. She didn't know what she saw or who she saw. She couldn't remember the voices or the words she heard in her dream. All she knew was that it wasn't a pleasant dream.

"Welcome back to the Demon HQ," a female voice said as a woman with bright red eyes and blonde hair walked up to her. She was wearing a navy blue shirt with a white tie and white bell bottom pants with navy blue heels, "I am one of the many secretaries of the Headmistress. My name is Shizana. Pleasure to have you back with us, [Name]."

[Name] looked up at the woman confused and realized where she was. She looked at her surroundings and saw that she was not in her own cozy bedroom but in one of the Demon HQ's dirty, mossy and dusty dormitories with beds of torn pillows, brick-hard mattresses and shredded sheets, paintings of burning children hung on the black walls and a thick smell of blood in the atmosphere. [Name] lay on the gray, stone floor and said tiredly, "Why am I here?"

"It seems like you've been having Future Dreams, [Name]," Shizana held out a hand towards [Name]. [Name] took her hand and used herself up. She rubbed her eyes and said, "What are future dreams?"

"Future dreams are dreams that tells you of what is going to happen to you in the future. They are never completely true but they give you hints on what may happen to you later on." The woman turned around and said, "Follow me."

[Name] obliged.

In the present

The room was dark besides the bright light that hung over [Name] and Shizana. They both sat on wooden chairs on both sides of a wooden circular table.

"Well," [Name] said, "My mother's name was [Mother's name] and my father's name was Isaiah [Last name]."