25: Confront

Izaya was in thought again. He couldn't help but wonder about [Name] more than usual. He thought about how he'd learn a bit more about her each time he spent time with her and then how he'd be left with more questions. He sat on his chair and smirked at the ceiling.

She said her parents died. How? – Does her fear of broken necks have do to with anything?

His eyes shifted to his large window. He looked down at the little human walked along the streets and that was when another thought struck him.

Wait... who... is she....? She's definitely not a complete human... if not... then... is she... another creature of some sort? How does she have her weapons? Why does she have weapons? Why does she kill people? – For her own entertainment or is it something else?

He propped his elbow at the arm of his chair and rested his head on his palm. He observed his secretary at the platform above, fixing his books on the shelf. Namie sensed his stare and turned her head towards him, "Having trouble about [Name] I suppose?" Izaya left a monotonous face in response and said, "How did you know about that?" Namie chuckled a little, "We have been working for quite a long time now. I should expect us to have a more acute understanding of one another." Izaya sighed and spun in his chair slowly, "Namie, what are you planning to do with Mika Harima?" His secretary fixated her gape on the shelves now as she held a pile of books with one of her arms, "Why do you ask?"

"Never mind I was just asking," Izaya swiveled his chair to face his monitor, which displayed a picture of [Name] in her Assassin clothing.

Why her buttons are rose shaped? Could it be that she likes roses? What's with all the yellow...? Why do her eyes spark yellow occasionally? Yes. I am completely sure that she isn't a full human. She must be something else.

Izaya cackled in a lunatic manner thinking of all this. He spun in his chair a few more times shouting his usual troll motto, "I love humans! I love them so much! They're so interest! Every one of them, so very, very interesting!" His laughter calmed down a little as he then said, "But to me, I think [Name]-Chan is a bit more intriguing than the rest," he leaped from his chair towards the chess board nestled at the other side of the table. He moved a black queen piece next to a black horse piece, except the horse piece did not have a head. It was cleanly cut from its neck, which would, as presumption, indicate Celty and her horse. "I predict something Namie. I predict that [Name]-Chan is going to do something with Celty. Something that is to be thought with suspicion." He leaned back on his chair, looking at the picture once again.

And it was at this point that Izaya was able to read [Name] a little bit better.

At 4:00 pm the same day, [Name] leisurely walked to the park.

"Hey Shizuo-San!" [Name] greeted the blonde bartender brightly as he turned around, "Here are your cigarettes." She handed them over to him and he said, "Yo [F/N]. It's been so long," he took the packet and started smoking immediately, "What have you been up to?" Both friends started to walk along the bricked surface of the park. "You don't have to call me by that name anymore," [Name] said, "You can just call me [Name] from now on." Shizuo looked a little perplexed, "Eh? What happened?"

[Name] explained the ordeal in the bakery while Shizuo patiently listened but as she slowly graduated with the story, Shizuo looked a little more pissed than he had before the story began. When [Name] finished, Shizuo muttered very sharply, "Damn Izaya that flea! Damn your friend! – Your stupid friend," his eyebrows began to twitch thinking about [Random friend's name]'s ignorance, "And he also suggested Izaya as your boyfriend?! What?!!" "I know right!" [Name] replied in frustrated excitement, "I don't understand what the hell got into him. But don't worry now, he's dead." "Good," Shizuo retorted, exhaling his cigarette. "But well," [Name] said, shrugging a little, "People here know me as [F/N]... the famous cake designer. So I suggest you –" "I get the drill," Shizuo said before [Name] could finish, which made her smile. It is pretty obvious that Shizuo would understand [Name] from being friends with her for so long, but a person like him being understanding and sympathetic never ceases to make anyone smile.