28: Scent

~~~Few minutes after what happened in the previous chapter: Izaya's house~~~

Izaya lay shirtless in his bed, tossing and turning. He couldn't seem to be able to sleep, which surprised him because he fell asleep and woke up pretty easily. He cuddled the empty, unused pillow next to him and pretended it to be a teddy, but nothing worked. Nobody ever used that pillow before and it smelt fresh and new, while his own pillow smelt of his exotic fruit shampoo (that's how I imagine his hair to smell like) and it somehow felt weird to him to have one side of his bed warm and cozy while the other side always remained cold and lonely. It made him feel like his bed had two sides of it, like there were two different worlds to it. He'd typically think this way. This time he thought he'd even out the imbalance and so he scooted over to the vacant side of his bed and lay there for a minute or so. He tried to find a comfortable position to sleep in, but failed badly. It was too uncomfortable for him and after a minute or so; he gave in and got up from his bed.

He walked to the bathroom and flipped the switches to turn the bright lights on. He saw his own reflection in the mirror and stared at himself for a while as different thoughts raced his minds.

I'm so beautiful. I'm the most beautiful man I know...

He was complimenting himself for a while and smirked at his own reflection.

I'm sexy and I know it. ~

My eyes are so pretty...

My body is so toned... 

His mind then trailed into a different direction. Like he's do occasionally, he was thinking of his other beloved humans.

Eh... I wonder if Shinra is still asleep...

I don't understand why everyone thinks that "Shizaya" can be a real thing. It sickens me.

He even thought of other irrelevant topics...

I don't know what time it is.

I want a teddy bear... A warm teddy bear for the other side of my bed.

And then he started thinking of a specific person.

I don't know... but I think [Name] likes the way I smell. ~

[Name]....

I didn't pay for the cupcake I ate from her counter... I guess she forgot about it since she didn't bother me about it. ~

Miku-san is a demon? – I always thought she was a normal human! [Name] is opening more open doors for me I see... Amaya Mori is also a demon...?

I wonder what happened to [Random friend's name] after he had given me [Name]'s real name...