15: Broken

(A/N: So when I started this story, many people complained about the spacing between paragraphs and stuff like that... I hope its okay now! ^_^ Also, Thank you for 3k views and 700+ likes! :D)

Izaya and [Name] stood in a bedroom with a bunk bed, a tattered red carpet and a window right behind the bed, allowing the soft light from outside to creep in. Opposite to the bed was a fire place with a steel, ornate mantelpiece of crafted flowers and thorns. The mantelpiece had several framed photos hung on the wall above it. One was of a family with two twin sons with dark hair and bright blue eyes. The mother had blonde hair with eyes resembling her sons while the father had the dark hair with brown eyes. Another picture seemed like a drawing of a child: a scribbling of a creature with a human body and six spider legs extending from the sides with no humanlike arms or legs. Another one was also a drawing of the same monster, gnawing onto the flesh of a boy which seemed like one of the twins. Blood was splattered on all the pictures.

This was the only room which allowed Izaya and [Name] to see. The entirety of the castle was pitch black. They had found light when they were blindly walking around the passageways and had immediately scrambled towards it, consequently finding this room.

"[F/N]-Chan, I found a torch underneath the bed!" Izaya announced and illuminated the light onto the wooden floor.

[Name] had her back faced towards Izaya and the bed and was inspected the photos over the unlit fireplace, but as she slowly turned around her eyes immediately darted to where the light shone. There was a sparkling object underneath a few broken floorboards under a hole of the carpet. Sharp needles poked their way inwards the hole; therefore, whoever was going to get it would get a few cuts.

"Izaya, there's something down there."

"I see that, who's going to get it?"

"You."

"No, you."

"Be a man! You!"

"All you have to do is reach your arm down there, its simple!"

"Well if that's so easy, why don't you do it?"

"Because my coat is expensive."

"Not as expensive as me, plus you're rich! You can get another coat."

"I would have gotten another coat when you painted my one white, but there aren't any in the store as perfect as this one!"

"Seriously? It's just a parka, and plus, its summer! Why do you even wear that?"

"Because I want to." Izaya then shined the light at [Name]'s face who then used her arms to block away the light from her eyes. He plopped himself on the mattress of the bed and continued to point the flashlight towards her.

"Izaya, get that light off me!" She exclaimed as she walked around the room. The light followed her around.

"[F/N]-Chan. ~ If you want to get out of here, you need to get the key from down under..."

"How are you so sure it's a key?"

"Oh? ~ Didn't I tell you? You need to find three keys which open a chest with three locks. The chest contains the main key which unlocks the exit."

[Name] quickly threw her Assassin blowpipe at Izaya in annoyance from underneath her skin, which made the flashlight fall to the floor, away from her eyes. Izaya caught the blowpipe and inspected it saying, "What's this?"

"It's mine! Give it back!" She stomped towards the man on the bed and attempted to get her blowpipe back, but Izaya leaned his arm (the one holding the pipe) back towards the window behind the bed and held her head away from him with his other arm as she tried to claw his face with her nails. Izaya tilted his head towards where he held the pipe and saw that it was a piece of metal, about a foot long and was completely black. The mouthpiece was, as it seemed like, pure gold as well as the ending tip from where the darts came shooting out.