5. Mother

(A/N: A bit of science fiction in this chapter.  Izaya isn't here in this chpater, it's more of a backstory of [Name], which is you! <3 Izaya is there in the next chapter, in which [Name] and him meets for the first time! Spoiler? Meh... You've expected that kind of chapter coming anyways, didn't you? Enjoy this chapter nevertheless~)

~Few months ago~

[Name] was rich, but then again, she always was. She lived in America; the first reason she was there in the first place was because her mother wanted her to do high school there and her mother also had some business, most of which was dirty; therefore, most of the money [Name] had was all dirty money that she inherited after her mother died. How did she die? - [Name] was responsible for that. You probably thought that as a demon, she got into some battle with another demon, but that's not quite the answer, not under [Name]'s mother's case anyways.

First of all, every demon in America (which was quite a large fraction of the entire population of the country) was a friend to [Name]'s mother and second of all, after all she had done for demons, and not one of her ilk ought to make an enemy out of her. She helped them, when they craved a fight, which many of them did every once in a while; she stopped them from getting caught as a demon and getting killed by humans. How did she do this?

[Name]'s mother, a clever woman, had installed trap doors in every demon's home; trap doors that led deep to the "Underground," a place underneath the Earth's surface, but above the surface where lava was found. The area was created by [Name], her mother and their many slaves where demons would be able to go whenever they wanted to battle or watch a battle, free of cost. It became a traditional practice for demons to contact one another for a friendly battle and many went down there to just mingle with those they had not met in a long time. Demons became of a more social specie and more of them got to know one another and shared their strengths and weaknesses. Many demons also met and fell in love and started getting to know each other in a much deeper manner. However, the "Underground" was a vast area, too vast for it to be created for one purpose only; therefore, [Name] had the idea that the "Underground" could be used to go from one place to another without being seen, if it was necessary; somewhat like a portal.

"What do you mean?" [Name]'s mother had asked once [Name] had shared her idea.

"I mean is that, let's say a demon got caught by the police, doing something they shouldn't have done and now they have to flee. Wouldn't it be much easier if... the demon went through specific directions, found a trap door, opened it, went in and then closed the door... and then voila! - Safe and sound in the 'Underground'! The police will never know where they had gone to! You want to help the demons, right? This could be a huge opportunity for you to be more popular amongst our species!" [Name] exclaimed, thinking her idea was brilliant, to install trap doors in areas for the convenience of others who may get into trouble. Her mother; however, failed to feel the same, "Pathetic," she merely said. This comment that she had received had disheartened [Name] thoroughly. What upset her even more was that she had her own innovative ideas, but her mother didn't seem to care for her daughter's abilities and all she cared for was what she can think of.

However, [Name] was very stubborn and she was determined to make her ideas come true. "You shouldn't go against mother," [Sister's name] said when [Name] was ranting about 'how blind some people are for the better future.' [Sister's name] never really intruded within subjects like the "Underground" or going down there to watch a battle, because she wasn't a demon. [Sister's name] was much like her deceased father, a human, and she always used to stick around with him, to the one she loved more than the rest of her demonic family, even [Name] despite the fact that they always stood up for one another; however, in a tragic accident, [Name]'s father had died from severe wounds he had received from a car crash. This left [Name]'s sister under depression and it was since then, when she became monotonous and always put up a stoic face. Nevertheless, she was still willing to be an aide to [Name] when she needed it.